Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,can someone point me in the direction of a Summer bike jacket?have checked out a few as in AStars,Dianese,RST,Speed n strength,JoeRocket and many others!this time of year in Aus its Spring but some hot shit is around the corner and monkey suit is just to hot!any feedback will be greatly appreciated and I'm always happy to drop coin on products that work!black with some green would be nice but I'm all ears with all feedback!thanks to all who will take their time to give me advice on my needs!I wonder if Boxtradamas could chime in if you have experience in my needs as I value your opinion on our great forum!now please settle don't get annoyed with me as I would luv to give you a big kiss and cuddle just to show you how much I've changed in my foolish and thoughtless intent in the past posts!

·
Registered
148 Posts
I like the icon contra. I cut the huge rubber "ICON" patch off the front. Causes no damage to the jacket. It's mesh and flows a lot of air. It does have some armor in it. But I'm no expert on the subject of armor so I can't speak to the quality of the armor. The jacket is comfortable in the heat. Icon Contra Jacket - RevZilla

·
Registered
569 Posts
Are you looking for leather or textile? Textile will flow more air but offer less protection. This a a stars perforated jacket is black,white, and green $383 from revzilla on closeout
Alpinestars Jaws Perforated Leather Jacket - RevZilla

My advice is go to revzilla and select summer jackets and search through there and see what you like. Then post up in this thread and ask for opinions about the jackets you have chosen. Jackets are like exhaust and oil. Everyone will have a different opinion. Here is a link to revzilla for all their Summer Weight Jackets 275 of them. Have fun!

Summer Motorcycle Jackets - RevZilla

·
Premium Member
9,188 Posts
I prefer the Cortech DSX Denim jackets. Armored, comfortable to wear, breathes well, with zipper vents, inner liner, adjustable. They come in blue and black.

·
Registered
581 Posts
I bought Alpinestars T-GP R Air Jacket a couple years ago and has done great for me. Florida gets pretty hot during the summer, and that jacket has great air flow once you get moving for those hot humid days. Held up well through a rear end accident as well. Also bought it from Mike at Riders Discount, i would suggest you do as well for the best price around!

·
Registered
134 Posts
Bought this jacket to replace my mesh and this is an unbeatable deal.

Even in Texas I wear it without getting hot. It flows air exceptionally well.

Jacket is extremely high quality, fits like a glove, and has the d30 armor in it.

The leather is not track suit thick which I think is key to why it does not get hot but its 10x more protective than a mesh jacket will be.

Scorpion SJ2 $160, originally over a $400 jacket.

Scorpion SJ2 Leather Jacket - Sportbike Track Gear

What is even better is they shipped me 2 on accident. After calling them twice to try and return it they never sent me a label or followed up.
After waiting 3 weeks and getting nowhere I decided to sell it for $130, so this jacket only cost me $30 :)

·
Registered
569 Posts
Scorpion makes quality stuff for a good price, even better when it is on sale. Also look at Sedici from cycle gear for a quality leather jacket that is flows air well and is thin and easy on the wallet.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Be careful when purchasing those mesh vented jackets. A lot of those are made in the stans or chaiwan and with lower grade Nylon or Polyester and they will literally melt the fabric into your skin like a skin graft when you crash due to the friction of the slide overheating the material. It's ugly and it's painful...

I'd much rather be hot & safe than cool and disfigured.

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Fully understand your warnings LDH and wearing my full suit does give a feeling of being secure!with long planned rides it will be used!but a quick ride on my local circuit knowing each Kangaroo personally makes me willing and comfortable to go this way,Kevlar jocks protects the jewels so now just the top half!thanks guys for replays I had noticed Riders discount has the A*jaws jacket in 44US 44EU and hoping this flows enough air cheers

·
Premium Member
9,188 Posts
Be careful when purchasing those mesh vented jackets. A lot of those are made in the stans or chaiwan and with lower grade Nylon or Polyester and they will literally melt the fabric into your skin like a skin graft when you crash due to the friction of the slide overheating the material. It's ugly and it's painful...

I'd much rather be hot & safe than cool and disfigured.
I can't :+1: that enough!!

·
The Pace
7,048 Posts
Just get one piece full leathers and ride mornings in hot weather. With armor. And buy a liner for under the leather.

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Already have 1 Scout

I no it's a much safer option wearing the suit but on a short blast with basically no traffic and clear open roads in rural Aus!wildlife can be a problem around dusk and dawn so that doesn't happen!Kevlar jeans and a Summer jacket will do it for me

Attachments

·
The Pace
7,048 Posts
I no it's a much safer option wearing the suit but on a short blast with basically no traffic and clear open roads in rural Aus!wildlife can be a problem around dusk and dawn so that doesn't happen!Kevlar jeans and a Summer jacket will do it for me
Not thinking like I think. Traffic will kill me no matter what I'm wearing. Leather is for bin in probs is all. Thank God CA traffic is very good around bikes in these days of nearly all riders running cameras in this area but they were good here before cameras, just then now even the DUI guys are good around bikes. lol

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
It really boils down to what you consider "quality" to mean. To me, it means the absolute very best you can buy. And THAT my friend, is going to cost you some $$$! Good luck!:ayyy:

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yes you are correct in the term "quality" Wrangoleer and it can mean such a wide scope in different eyes!in life it doesn't matter if you have the top of the range A*air bag race suit and you hit something solid they will not stop Brocken bones!may help a little!with race track high sides and road slides then the gear does its stuff!I wonder if Danny Pedrosa has a special suit with many air bags surrounding his collarbone!at the moment I have dropped the ball a little on Summer Jackets my focus is on a new exhaust!I really like LDH's Arata and it quality for a excellent price but the Nasser Beet slip on has always been in the back of my mind!Ive been in touch with Beet in Japan and it's a 3 week turn around so I'm going the R Evo type2 in the titanium blue slip on,anyway have a great Christmas everyone and please be careful on the roads!life is to precious for silly risks.........

·
Registered
641 Posts
Perforated leather is my vote.

I ride all year, everyday and you don't have to tell me
about hot. 110f+ in the summer is not unusual.

I wear 2 piece perforated leather suit all the time and
even when 110+ I really don't find it all that hot.

Sweating a little will actually keep you cooler.
To much wind contact when hot will actually make you hotter.

Here's a good read on riding in hot weather if you have never read it.

http://www.ironbutt.com/ibmagazine/ironbutt_1002_62-66_Hot.pdf

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Perforated leather is my vote.

I ride all year, everyday and you don't have to tell me
about hot. 110f+ in the summer is not unusual.

I wear 2 piece perforated leather suit all the time and
even when 110+ I really don't find it all that hot.

Sweating a little will actually keep you cooler.
To much wind contact when hot will actually make you hotter.

Here's a good read on riding in hot weather if you have never read it.

http://www.ironbutt.com/ibmagazine/ironbutt_1002_62-66_Hot.pdf
I noticed this about my one piece perf. leather gear. However, when you stop, IT GETS HOT quick! Lol!! Gotta keep moving I guess.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts