Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys i need some advice i found a 2000 GSXR 750 on craigs list near me and the guy seems to be despret for money.... the bike is crashed from what he said it needs new plastics headlight stator cover and some other misc stuff but what im worried about is the stator cover... if that broke and lets say the engine still ran for a while lets even say a min or two would this kill the engine ir would there be enough oil in the oil pan to keep it going.... and the price is 800 but i figure i can get him down to 7 or 6 and the bike has 8,5k on it

·
Registered
916 Posts
I would get it and strip it down to sell it as parts... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
163 Posts
For $600, you could part it out and make some cash. There's a lot of gsxr 750s out there, and it's one of the stunters' bikes of choice --- so, they'll be needin' sum parts.

·
^^No Bike Bum^^
2,138 Posts
i got a 750 motor ill sale you to go in it...... that is a good buy!!!!!

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Sounds like a good deal. Of course you'll need to check it out first. You can go by what a seller says.

You could make some easy $ on parting it out, or (depending on your budget and mechanical skills) fix it.

·
Registered
860 Posts
To answer your question, no it shouldn't kill the engine. It would had to have lost a lot of oil and ran for awhile to really hurt it. What I would be looking at though is if the threads and mounting points for the cover are intact. I have seen covers get wrecked and it actually rip bolts out of the case thus needing new cases or welded/epoxied. Otherwise sounds like a pretty good deal.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well guys went and picked it up for 650 now all i need is a stator cover and front rim and speedo cluster and she should be good oh and the bike has a yoshi pipe on it.... might keep it to stunt or sell in the spring should be a 3k bike right ? let me know what you think and if anyone has those parts let me know

·
Blitzkrieg
4,473 Posts
track whore that thing....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts