Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it is that time, and I need to get my valves adjusted. My question is; does anyone know of someone in the Wichita, KS area that will do a professional job on these, get them done in a timely manor, and not over charge me?

Any help would be appreciated :thumbsup:

I am looking to get these done before the weather really starts to turn nice, so as soon as possible would be awesome!

·
Damn I'm Getting Old
995 Posts
Have you asked the service department over at Mid America Power Sports? If they don't do it, they can turn you on to someone who can.

They've always been pretty helpful to me since I bought my bike from them.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have thought about taking it there, but they said they wanted to charge me something like almost $400 just to check them. I wasn't sure if that was too high or not, so I wanted to see if anyone else knew of a cheaper place.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
I have thought about taking it there, but they said they wanted to charge me something like almost $400 just to check them. I wasn't sure if that was too high or not, so I wanted to see if anyone else knew of a cheaper place.
That's really expensive ...I charge $800 for a port n polish.That entails me removing everything inside the head doing the port work and then re-assembling ...And they are charging $400 just to check wow.....

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
It's not that bad of a job to do yourself, I'm not very mechanically inclined, but I stumbled my way through it with the help of others on this site

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's really expensive ...I charge $800 for a port n polish.That entails me removing everything inside the head doing the port work and then re-assembling ...And they are charging $400 just to check wow.....
Yeah that is the same feeling I got when they told me.

So I think I may have some time to pull it apart myself here soon. I am getting some parts powder coated, so since I won't be riding it while those parts are away I am thinking I can get it done. I will definitely be referencing the vast information from this site! :thumbsup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts