Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 06 zx10 and want to turn the rev limiter up to about 13.5,I need about 10 more ft worth to finish out the quarter mile with the gear I am running.Can I adjust it with a power commander on a laptop or do I need something else??

·
Registered
860 Posts
Either get pc hub, ignition module and beg dynojet to give you a code to extend it and hope it works, or call guhl motors and send them your ecu. They're the only ones selling the zx ecu hack technology. These are basically the only options out right now.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
I have a 06 zx10 and want to turn the rev limiter up to about 13.5,I need about 10 more ft worth to finish out the quarter mile with the gear I am running.Can I adjust it with a power commander on a laptop or do I need something else??
yeah, that would suck to hit the rev. limiter 10ft or any feet before the finish line.....I have done it only at the finish line but would need to do changes if it happens before that. :badteeth:

bloo

·
Dont mess wit White Ninja
5,932 Posts
Why not change up the gearing...Wouldnt that be cheaper? Seems to me your geared and revn before the traps...gearing, or like the guys said above, flash the ecu!

·
Registered
226 Posts
If your going ~140 mph you cover 10' in less than .05 seconds. Anything you do in the last 10' isn't going to change your time. It's probably way more than 10', no?

·
Registered
69 Posts
quick shifter..should get you in to that next gear sooner than you would get in to it currently.

·
Registered
700 Posts
an air shifter takes around 50-70 mili sec to shift so by the time you get into that next gear the race will be over. I would drop a tooth on the rear sprocket. or have the ECU hacked.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Im hiting the limiter in 6th on spray before I go thru the traps atleast 10 ft left.I love the gearing I am running,the bike 60ft's great,Running 8.80's 160 having to let off.-1 +4,Damn I wish the limiter was easiar to turn up

·
Registered
700 Posts
also the smaller rear sprocket and slightly shorter chain will decrease rotating mass and give a slight boost to RWHP.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Nope send it to GUHL and they can drfinately extend you to 13,500 or get a Kawasaki Race Kit ECU and you can extend it from there via laptop to 13,700....

·
Rent this space
6,590 Posts
At 13,500 you are doing 225 Revolutions per second, at 140mph like stated you need 0.05secs.

Put a couple of pounds in the rear tire.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts