Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
I guess nobody has a set? I ordered mine with the -/+ 2mm eccentrics so I guess I'll figure it out.
You will probably find you want to experiment anyway. I'm not sure there is a "magic" number for offset, different riding styles, and setups = different numbers.
FWIW, Attack's are usually 30mm offset with 0 bushings. So your + -2mm would give you a choice of 28mm or 32mm. I don't know what OEM/standard offset is for a Gen4 (Japanese seemingly loved 26mm for years but have come around more lately). 32mm offset will be quicker/lighter turning than 28mm, generally at the expense of having less "feel". Moving the forks forward to 32mm offset shortens trail number, 28mm offset lengthens trail (from 0 offset bushing).

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You will probably find you want to experiment anyway. I'm not sure there is a "magic" number for offset, different riding styles and setups = different numbers.
FWIW, Attacks are usually 30mm offset with 0 bushings. So your + -2mm will give you a choice of 28mm or 32mm. I don't know what OEM/standard offset is for a Gen4 (Japanese seemingly loved 26mm for years but have come around more lately). 32mm offset will be quicker/lighter turning than 28mm, generally at the expense of less "feel". Moving the forks forward 32mm shortens trail number, 28mm lengthens trail (from 0 offset).
Ok well this gives me some idea of what to look for after making adjustments and what direction to go. I'm using robby moto clamps. I don't know what offset they start at but I atleast have an idea on which direction to head depending on how the bike feels.

·
Registered
10 Posts
What other companies have adjustable triple clamps for the gen 4 aside from Attack Racing? They're the only ones I've come across since 2011.

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
135 Posts
I'm going to be using a ktech shock with the Kyle racing linkage and I'm not sure on wheelbase yet and I'm open to suggestions. I'm sure my tuner will have an idea but I like to know as much info going into things as possible.
Have you asked Dan Kyle? As I understand it, his linkage design is quite different from the other ones on the market and requires some spring and valving changes on the shock to function best typically. He's a wealth of suspension knowledge and would likely be the person to get you a baseline the best.

Not sure the relationship, either LDH works or is sponsored by Kyle I believe and can likely get you a ton of info as well.

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Have you asked Dan Kyle? As I understand it, his linkage design is quite different from the other ones on the market and requires some spring and valving changes on the shock to function best typically. He's a wealth of suspension knowledge and would likely be the person to get you a baseline the best.

Not sure the relationship, either LDH works or is sponsored by Kyle I believe and can likely get you a ton of info as well.
I'm fairly sure there's some sort of relationship between Dan Kyle and John Cornwell as far as the linkage goes. My tuner knows Cornwell and is trying to contact him for the details. He's overseas working with Ohlins so I think he's been a bit of a challenge to get ahold of. My tuner also knows the guy who's setup a few Gen 4's for racing up here so we should be pretty close when it comes to the initial setup. If we fail to get ahold of Cornwell I won't hesitate to call Dan Kyle, were 3 weeks away from my first race so if there's no new info by tomorrow I'll be picking up the phone.

Ah... I see. Thanks for those links sir.
Not a problem, I spent a bit of time trying to figure out my options and I'm happy to share my findings.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts