Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm considering buying an adjustable triple clamp for my bike over the winter. Has anyone tried different offsets or is the factory 26mm offset the best option for the bike?

·
Registered
415 Posts
Changed to 30mm offset last winter. Race only. Change was minor. Hard to justify 800e expense. I poor much money to bike, but could have skipped clamps, gen4 turns ok as is.
Bored over the winter: investigate changing to Gen5 frame and reducing the rake>trail with kit head bearings.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This is one bike modification it's hard to find much info about, so thanks Carlos, and JayBo for the input.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
This, like linkages, is a slippery slope if you don't know specifically what you're looking for. In general the ZX10r is long in the front, which makes it very stable in the corners but you have to muscle it to get the bike there. Now you can start adding ride height to the rear but at a certain point you'll have too much swingarm angle which will give you a ill-handling rear end. Another option is to lower the front, but again you sacrifice on other parts. As to you question, yes you can make the bike handle better with triples, but again you have to know what direction you're going.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts