Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi everyone
I was thinking about doing some sort of mod to my headlights. Like accent lights, angel eyes or something, I know I know some think it´s a bit squidly but I´m still thinking about it :lol:. But I would like to be able to choose which lights are on while the bike is running. When the key is turned those small lights in the middle (running lights?) turn on, and as soon as the engine starts turning over the low-beam comes on. And after that the only option is to run high- or low-beam.
So my thoughts are:
Would it be possible to add a small switch with a resistor to the wiring near the low beam and another switch with resistor near the small lights? Basically allowing me to choose which lights are on even when the bike is running.
Does anyone have any ideas what kind of ohm-resistor that would be required to avoid frying circuits, blowing fuses or tripping fault codes?
Grateful for your help

I tried to search for info but couldn´t find anything.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I have HIDs on my 06 that I hard wired to a switch. Because i blacked out my headlights and have white led strip wired to my running lights (like the new audi's). So at night i just flick the switch. The only thing i lost is low and high beam i keep my on high all the time anyways. I just adjusted my high beam a litttle lower to get it as close as possible.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts