Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im going to add nitrous to my 2005 zx10. prob like a 40 dry shot. will my bike have to be tuned for the nitrous or will the ecu be able to adjust and keep up with the nos?

·
Registered
276 Posts
LOL,,, if you want it to last....A dry shot system in far less desirable and harder to tune for. Better off with a wet system, not only for ease of tuning but engine life & reliability. Have fun.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

I'm not planning on spraying it a whole lot. Besides the wet kit is 2x as much. I'm on a very low budget lol. I just need to be a little faster not a whole lot faster.

Appreciate it,
Jonathan

·
Registered
683 Posts
Just got to: wwwbigccracing.com and get the kit that they have listed for your year model. The best and safest kit available !!!!

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have a powercommander and its mapped for my exhuast and filter...but will i have to download another map for the nitrous, or will it just add the extra fuel when i spray it? im clueless when it comes to this programming stuff.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i have a powercommander and its mapped for my exhuast and filter. Will i have to get a map for the nitrous or will it just inject the extra full when it sense me spraying the nos? im clueless about this tuning stuff.

thanks
jon

·
Registered
3,764 Posts
I have a powercommander and its mapped for my exhuast and filter...but will i have to download another map for the nitrous, or will it just add the extra fuel when i spray it? im clueless when it comes to this programming stuff.
i recomend you gettin the bike dyno tune for the nos. also get you a dj multi hub so you can switch between maps that way you can have one map for motor and the other for when your on the bottle.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So when I switch to the nitrous map it's going to be running really rich until I hit the nitrous then it will even out? I know it's better to run rich than lean just didn't know if it will run like crap when it's on the nitrous map until I hit the nos.

·
Registered
3,764 Posts
So when I switch to the nitrous map it's going to be running really rich until I hit the nitrous then it will even out? I know it's better to run rich than lean just didn't know if it will run like crap when it's on the nitrous map until I hit the nos.
yes its goin to run rich but thats wat you want when your on the juice, rather be safe than sorry.

·
Gen2 Ripper
4,867 Posts
i recomend you gettin the bike dyno tune for the nos. also get you a dj multi hub so you can switch between maps that way you can have one map for motor and the other for when your on the bottle.
+1000 Exactly what I have.
Dry kits are safe and reliable just like a wet kit and are less than half the price. Dry kits are alot less complicated too in regard to parts. You got a nitrous line to the airbox, a bottle, solenoid, pC3, and a DJ multi hub. Wanna make it nice and adjustable, get a universal NOS micro progressive controller(I use it it is awesome).Also get a switch to change maps on the fly along with your PC3 and put it on a dyno before spraying and you'll be good as gold man. You'll be able to hit an "arm" switch and the "map" switch and spray at wide open throttle.
Wet kit VS dry kit is a never ending debate. Every modern magazine and tuner will tell you for a 10-60 shot on modern fuel injected bikes to use a dry kit. Wet kits were originally designed for carberated cars and bikes and use a plate system. Dry kits are just so simple to install and tune for.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Nitrous scares me because it seems like more people blow there shit up than not.....I understand that its safe if you tune it right and what not.

It seems like more people get it wrong than right.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
I'm not planning on spraying it a whole lot. Besides the wet kit is 2x as much. I'm on a very low budget lol. I just need to be a little faster not a whole lot faster.

Appreciate it,
Jonathan
Just remember, if you can't afford to do it right the first time then chances are you can't afford to do it twice.

·
Registered
94 Posts
nitrous

get it tuned for the nitrous and save the map, if u dont wanna buy a hub take ur laptop to the track w u and put the map in when u get ready to spray, use a full throttle switch or a controller i had this set up on my 14 worked great no telling how many runs i did w it good luck and be ready it feels really good im ready to spray this 10 :thumbsup:

·
Registered
174 Posts
I bought my own kit piece by piece it was cheaper that way.

4 Wet foggers
2 Splitters
Fuel and nos solenoids
Nos High flow fuel pump
Hard line
All lines and fittings
Aem wideband which is a must!!!!!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts