Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was bored and was looking at my newest 10 and thought to myself "I like the integrated tail light look, but for someone who is unfamiliar with bikes, would they know the flashing right is a for me to go right or do I have a malfunction in my tail light"

Well here's what I came up with. Sorry, it was my phone that recorded the video.

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The turn signals looks choppy in the video but it's not, it blinks regularly. It's just the way my phone recorded it. But it should make it obvious which direction I plan on turning after this mod.

Mod cost, 12 bucks and 6 zipties.

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Here are some pics. I used these lights.

The zipties are there to secure the adhesive of the double sided tape. I might just keep one on there. For the back of the bracket where I had to run the lights, I will be using a black silicone type adhesive to tuck the wire in and fit it into the grooves of the back of the bracket (it makes more sense if you look at the back of the bracket) Nothing will be protruding out or seem out of place once the final work is done on the bracket and zipties cut off.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
did you just tie those into the resistors for the Integrated light?? and hows it look with the pegs folded up ??
The lights I bought had built in resistors so I just spliced into the factory turn signals before the integrated lights.

They are visible with them up or down and still visible when you have someone as a passenger. When I was just outside trying to record the video, I noticed that the lights are bright enough to even light up the ground so there is no excuse for whoever behind you to say they didn't see you use your turn signal.

I wish my sony cam was working so you guys can get a better detailed video of how much it lights up and how visible it is.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
oh ok I got ya on the lights now... where did ya pick those up at ?? I might have to try that out, I need some more things back there also other than just my Integrated light.. although my girl said before when I just had some small cat eye stalk signals she could hardly see them?? but said the new integrated light is much better...

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
oh ok I got ya on the lights now... where did ya pick those up at ?? I might have to try that out, I need some more things back there also other than just my Integrated light.. although my girl said before when I just had some small cat eye stalk signals she could hardly see them?? but said the new integrated light is much better...
These tiny LED's are pretty bright. In the first video I posted in the original post, that's with all the lights on in my garage.

Chromeglow.com They are local for me.

·
Registered
224 Posts
honestly... that looks a little ghetto.
my buddy had some guy on the cbr600rr forum install leds on the passenger pegs and it looked clean. no led strip, cable ties, or wiring was visible.
as far as visibility, look at them from a fair distance during the day. i dunno about yours, though i'd imagine them to be the same, but my buddy's peg lights could not be seen from several car lengths away. at least in your case, these aren't your only turn signals.

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
honestly... that looks a little ghetto.
my buddy had some guy on the cbr600rr forum install leds on the passenger pegs and it looked clean. no led strip, cable ties, or wiring was visible.
as far as visibility, look at them from a fair distance during the day. i dunno about yours, though i'd imagine them to be the same, but my buddy's peg lights could not be seen from several car lengths away. at least in your case, these aren't your only turn signals.
As stated above, the ties are there to press and hold the lights there until tomorrow then I will be removing, then the back will be molded in along the slotted side of the rear bracket. I will have a cleaned up look posted later.

·
Registered
349 Posts
I think they look pretty sick. I might have to try that since i have the integrated tail light and some of my friends (non-riders) couldnt really tell what each signal meant.

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
good idea,

·
Dont mess wit White Ninja
5,932 Posts
not bad, but come on man zip ties you have to be kidding me LOL!!! Hey at least we caught a 30 second look at the old lady haha

·
Registered
23,742 Posts
not bad, but come on man zip ties you have to be kidding me LOL!!! Hey at least we caught a 30 second look at the old lady haha
which post # I want to see the "old lady"..no this is a little off topic we are talking about lights not head lights :lol:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts