Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering purchasing a newer car. I am very interested in the Acura TL's and TSX's. Does anyone know much about these cars? Im sure they are reliable since they are a honda product but I am just kinda wondering which one would be the way to go. I think the TL looks better but it also seems to come with a higher price tag but the TSX looks similar to the TL. I think the main difference besides the way they look is the TL has the 3.2 L and the TSX has the 2.4 L. I dont know, if anyone knows much about these 2 cars please share some info with me. Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
my friends dad has the TL as a company car... from what i've read and heard from consumer reports, the TL is one of the best front wheel drive cars out there. i dont know anything about the TSX but ill lookin into it and letcha know.

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
the TL is the big brother to the TSX...TSX's are for people that can barely afford an acura...you are looking at a good price difference between the two models.

If you have the $$ go with the TL all day...if you got some extra $$ than look at the TL Type S

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
Find out where the transmission is from, if it is from Japan you stand pretty good chance of good results, if it is US than....well.... I work at one of the better transmission gear suppliers for Honda and let's say that we are making more money off of our service parts production due to replacements from other gears failing.

·
Registered
413 Posts
I had a 2004 TSX and it was a great car. The interior is one of the best I've ever seen and the options list is just one item: Navigation. Everything else is standard and that includes such things as heated seats, HID projectors, auto-dimming rearview, 9-speaker system, leather, etc. If you get the nav it is simply the best unit available in any car IMO (The nav in my Civic Si is also very good as is the nav in any Honda vehicle). The voice activation is very accurate and useful for impressing the ladies.

My best friend has a TL and you can basically take everything I said about the TSX and apply it to the TL with some important differences. First, the TL is a good bit more expensive both new and used. It also has a lot more power from its V6 though this can be a negative due to excessive torque-steer. If you do go with the TL, get the 6-speed as it comes with a limited-slip differential which does a good job of taming the torque-steer through the corners.....

·
Registered
194 Posts
Damn, it's funny that you asked about this car because my cousin just bought an 06 model TL today. I just went with him to get the tag and registration for it. From the time I was in it it rides pretty nice. I will have to talk to him about it after has had it for awhile. He said he was getting this instead of a BMW he was driving because the maintainence was too expensive on the BMW.

·
Registered
333 Posts
I've got a '03 bloo TL Type-S with all the goodies plus Navigation. Has 51k miles and powertrain warranty till 75k. Sell it to ya for the measly sum of $16.9k no tax. :ayyy:

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
i second the g35 idea. or the lexus is250 or 350. reason? rear wheel drive! i do alignments for a living, and nothing chews through tires like a honda product. i just would rather have a manual trans equipped rwd car if they were the same $$. and the lexus is350 in black is one sexy automobile. any one of these three cars would be equally reliable, i'd think. and i believe lexus has a service/maint. program when you buy a new car, so oil changes and stuff would be included.

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
I just sold my 2002 TL-S, great car, 135k on it and runs like new. As far as the tranny issue, that was from about 2000-2004 with the 5 speeds where 3rd gear would let go. Honda/Acura raised the tranny warranty to past 100k. Now all new Tl's come with i think a 70k warranty. Go to acurazine.com that website is like the mecca for acura as this place is for kawi's.

IMO, i love acura/honda, so does my family, so far we've owned a combined 16 cars between me, parents and sister.

Only thing i don't like is FWD. Take a look at the Lexus IS 250 or 350, RWD and very comprable.

Also, rumor is next gen TL will get or have the option for the RL's AWD.

And as far as torque steer on the acura, as of 06 or 07, they programmed the computer that in 1st gear, the power delivery is more smooth to lessen the effect.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts