Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
****SOLD****

mounted and removed because they were an impulse buy and i figured i just don't need them.

comes with everything it came with in the same packaging.

asking $80 shipped via usps priority.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
'16 ZX-10R KRT
15,735 Posts
I wish you had a pic of these actually on the bike. I want to see how they mount to the clip-on.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
'16 ZX-10R KRT
15,735 Posts
Thanks for the pics. Let me give it some thought on those.

·
Registered
569 Posts
So the description at revzilla says for protecting levers on a street bike. Can you elaborate why these are better for the street and not the track?

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So the description at revzilla says for protecting levers on a street bike. Can you elaborate why these are better for the street and not the track?

i can't really. it serves the same purpose it would ok the track.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
'16 ZX-10R KRT
15,735 Posts
I can. That's Revzilla's way of marketing these to a streetbike rider who wants that "track look".

They're lever protectors. Whether you use them on the track with your street bike, a street bike on the street, a race bike on the track, or a show bike at Starbucks, they serve the same purpose....to protect the levers from inadvertent contact.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
'16 ZX-10R KRT
15,735 Posts
Would be good for lane splitting. That way you just damage someone's car without landing on your face. Jk but really that would be the only reason I could see wanting them on the street.

:lol: There is that!

Frankly, I don't see the real need for these. I know they are required for racing purposes and they do prevent the brakes from being activated if you hit another rider. But if you hit another rider with these, they will deflect the handlebars and most likely cause a crash anyways.

These look nice and are priced right. I still want them.:badteeth:

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
'16 ZX-10R KRT
15,735 Posts
Bouncing off and crashing is better then locking the front and catapulting you down the track or into a field of riders lol.

Anyway gws op
Valid point!

I'll let you know soon on these Helitech!

·
Registered
569 Posts
I am interested as well. However, I use a canyon dancer to secure the bike by the handlebars when trailering it. These unfortunately will not work with the canyon dancer. So I have to contemplate either installing them once I get to the track (which would take about 2 minutes) or investing the pitbull trailer restraint system I have wanted for far to long now.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Would be good for lane splitting. That way you just damage someone's car without landing on your face. Jk but really that would be the only reason I could see wanting them on the street.
Tht or they get caught up on a mirror and flip ya.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts