Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a green 2013 about a month or two ago. Only have about 300 miles on her since the weather got shitty here. I'm startin to buy basic things for it like a windscreen, sprockets to change the gearing to -1 +2, and some other things.

Now I'm trying to decide on a color for accessories like levers an such. I'm debating on doing either gold or red. I was thinking the red cuz the R and fork caps are red, and gold cuz there is some gold in different areas already, like the forks and front rotors.

Anyone have pictures of either color on a green gen 4 or what's your opinion?

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
523 Posts
There is a few different shades of Gold so may make it hard to match a few things up & with Red after a couple of years they fade to Pink :lol: Thats why I rather Black anodized bits :wink:

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
13,558 Posts
Black.

Unless you only ride it around Xmas time with your bike looking like ornaments on a tree. Red on green? Naw. Those fork caps annoy me every time I look down at them. Gold and green ain't my cup of tea either. And as stated, all golds are not created the same.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
If you're building a Xmas tribute bike, go red...if you want color, go gold.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The only accessories that Im probably gonna get in a different color is the rear sprocket, levers, and eventually the bolts. I see where people are comin from when they say the red wouldn't look right but I've never seen it before. My green 2008 has some gold bolts and I like that look. The red stuff jus crossed my mind and I wanted to see if anyone else has done it or not

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
171 Posts
I went that route

1 - 9 of 9 Posts