Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A while ago i hit the gas pretty hard when i went to slow down noticed the bike just kept going hat to pull on the clutch and turn off the motor, stopped in the emergency lane and turned it back on then the bike stayed acceletrated, i pushed forward on the accelerator and it went back down but when i let it go back up the rpms went, any pointers on a quick fix, or must the cables be replaced. Its scary nowing u dont have control of the bike.

·
Registered
23,742 Posts
A while ago i hit the gas pretty hard when i went to slow down noticed the bike just kept going hat to pull on the clutch and turn off the motor, stopped in the emergency lane and turned it back on then the bike stayed acceletrated, i pushed forward on the accelerator and it went back down but when i let it go back up the rpms went, any pointers on a quick fix, or must the cables be replaced. Its scary nowing u dont have control of the bike.
It could be cables but it could also be something like your throttle grip sticking against the throttle cable housing. I would definitely check that out you could be in danger of something bad happening.

bloo

·
Premium Member
4,394 Posts
Make sure the end of the rubber grip isn't rubbing against the bar end weight. If the throttle doesn't snap back promptly, you need to get it fixed. (by the way, this is a good thing for your pre-ride checklist)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well i pulled back both sides of the rubber and still it turns on high rpm, about 7krpm must be something internal. fraaaak

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Already tried it it only tickles the rpm, its like the cables where set to start at a high rpm but if i pull it forward hard it lowers back down to 1k, if i let it go i alone revs up to 7k.

·
Registered
844 Posts
i guess you'll have to pull your tank and check your cable adjustments

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Do these things have a throttle return spring?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts