Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

101 - 106 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
I think that's for a gen5 JB751 and mine is a gen4!I wonder if it just causes a fault light and nothing else?but that's a little risky especially if you do have a fault and because the light is always on because of removing the abs unit you wouldn't no

·
Registered
11 Posts
So to add into this thread, I picked up a 2011 ABS just cause I got a great deal on it. Im making it a dedicated track bike. While in the middle of tearing it down and taking out all the ABS lines, I was able to size the ports on the ABS unit. I ordered 4 of these to plug the unit:

Metric Fitting M10X1 M10 Male Thread Allen Socket Flange Plug Black Steel M-GP

When they come in I will post on here if they fit and seal. I would avoid the plastic ones as they would be a little weaker I would imagine. But to each there own =)

One thing I lucked out on is that in the middle of all this, I scored a Race Kit harnes, ECU, software and odds and ends to full convert and remove the entire system all for $725! So im pretty happy. Plus it will give me plenty to do while my forks and ohlins shock are getting resprung and valved. I figured I was already going to be spending about a grand for the Bazzaz TC/FI/QS unit and another $200 or so on a reflash of the factory ECU, so I couldnt pass up that deal on some hard to find stuff. Now I just need to source a South Bay dyno tuner. Any suggestions?

I also was wondering if anyone who has the Race ECU has used the Woolich flashing as a base to tune from? Thanks to all in advance. Also, anyone who wants to PM me about questions for ABS removal or anything just hit me up!
Where did you get the harness and kit ecu for that price?

·
Registered
215 Posts
To the guys that removed the abs system but left the abs module hooked up. Do you get the abs light? I just deleted mine, hooked the module back up, got the bike back togethee minus brake lines and did a run up. Abs stays on. Is this due to no brake pressure?

·
Registered
17 Posts
I no this is a old posting but I'm returning my bike back to the road.

Blocked ABS unit with silicon and the ABS light is still on even whilst riding down the road..

·
Registered
343 Posts
Yep, once you remove the lines, even with the ABS unit still plugged in you will get the ABS light remaining on.

Whether this is down to absence of brake pressure or what ever I don't know.

But my ABS light has been on ever since I went to direct lines. A small square of black electrical tape takes care of it.

101 - 106 of 106 Posts