Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I changed my tire and now my ABS isn't working. It activates under slow speed and then defaults and the light stays on. Any ideas???

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Did you reconnect the sensor?

Is this the front tire you changed? If so did you install the wheel backwards so the sensor ring is on the wrong side?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't feel like I did anything different than the first time I changed the sprocket. A little tight getting it back in...

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Hmmm Check the wire to the sensor and make sure you didn't kink it or chaff it etc while installing the wheel.

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Only thing that could be wrong is the air gap from the rear sencor to the abs ring but as you said you put all rear wheel spacers back the correct way!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes me to!!! If for some reason the gap was to big how would I fix that! There is not adjustment.. Should I try to tight the axle nut some more?

·
The Pace
7,136 Posts
I don't feel like I did anything different than the first time I changed the sprocket. A little tight getting it back in...
Take it off and re-install. I suspect that you did NOT get the rear brake female part to match the little notch (the dick) in the frame. The female part is under the dick. Why the cable is tight. So sensor not lining up.

·
The Pace
7,136 Posts
Yes me to!!! If for some reason the gap was to big how would I fix that! There is not adjustment.. Should I try to tight the axle nut some more?
You have two spacers, one on each side. Narrow on the right. Make sure both are there.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Update.... Remounted, reversed axle, spacers are proper... Shit still won't work. Looks like there may be a little wobble in the and ring... That might be it..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts