Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I need to replace the ABS hard line, RHS, from just behind the engine, forward and down to the junction just in front of the radiator.
It broke at the junction. My stupidity when installing braided lines quite a few years ago, as the junction was slightly askew, eventually causing the failure.
43095 is the part number I think.
My question is, to replace the line is it just a matter of holding one nut and loosening the other nut? And reverse to fit?
(Hopefully not cocking up again).
Any help appreciated.
Thanks.

Attachments

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
15,513 Posts
It should just be that simple. Hold the one nut to tighten the other. You have to support the line that way so it doesn't twist, bend, or kink and cause damage. Go slow and don't rush it and you should be fine.

·
Registered
756 Posts
This is a perfect opportunity to upgrade to stainless braided lines. The Spiegler ABS kit replaces that entire section of the line.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the idea. Bike has Galfer lines, but they don't include that section.
Kawasaki Australia tell me the part number I want isn't in stock anywhere in the country, and lead-time is at least 8 weeks!
So I might have to bite the bullet and get a Spielger kit just for that one section.
What a PITA.
I might remove it and take it to an engineering shop and see if they can replicate. I'm sure there's nothing proprietary or special in the line.
I'll have to think about it.
Thanks again.

·
Registered
Gen4 '14 ZX10R ABS
20 Posts
@andrewinbriz You could also consider custom steel lines from Venhill or Galfer, in fact many other manufacturers offer custom lines. You just need to measure those hard lines and provide them the numbers, they will make it for you.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for replying. Kawasaki Australia have said the part isn't in stock in Australia, and stock isn't due here for 8 to 12 weeks! I don't want to wait that long of course, as the bike can't be ridden. I am working thru the alternatives, but want to keep the abs, so it means finding an alternative supplier for that line, whether that be new, or secondhand from a wrecker. The part number is 430950591. Thanks again.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts