Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
FEELING LUCKY, PUNK ?
5,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm about to pickup a 1987 Kawi 600 RX tomorrow morning.
The guy sounded really nice and convincing. He got the bike from his brother and he does not know what to do with it anymore.

Bike has a clean title.
20K miles.
100% complete.

He said the bike is not running simply because it has been idle for years but the bike ran fine the last time it did.

He gave the bike to me for $150 ** A F*ckin STEAL **

The bike is not running..
So do you guys have any advice on what I should look at first before I really pay for it ?

Thanks
Lucky

·
FEELING LUCKY, PUNK ?
5,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I'm about to pickup a 1987 Kawi 600 RX tomorrow morning.
The guy sounded really nice and convincing. He got the bike from his brother and he does not know what to do with it anymore.

Bike has a clean title.
20K miles.
100% complete.

He said the bike is not running simply because it has been idle for years but the bike ran fine the last time it did.

He gave the bike to me for $150 ** A F*ckin STEAL **

The bike is not running..
So do you guys have any advice on what I should look at first before I really pay for it ?

Thanks
Lucky

Im not diggin how it looks, but I figured NOW is the right time for me to have a streetfighter bike :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
New sparks, oil, filters, battery, gas. If there is still old gas, remove it and check the fuel pump. Rust in the tank?

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
I would be a plus to clean out the carbs and perhaps let it soak overnight. See if you can buy a rebuild kit for the carbs.

·
FEELING LUCKY, PUNK ?
5,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Came out to be that the seller is a complete ass.

We already had an agreement.. I was about to pick it up.
I called him the time I told him I was going to call him.
He told me somebody had already offered him a HIGHER price, and he had to sell it to the other dude.
I was like WTF...

I got his phone number, but not his address.
Wish I could F him up.. what a waste of time.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts