Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It it required or simply suggested to replace the cover gasket and spark plug O rings when doing this? Also are there any bearings in the caps that hold the cam that I would need to change?

·
Rent this space
6,590 Posts
No bearing changes to do, but I would suggest the new gaskets as the originals get brittle over time.

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
yeah, depending on the condition of the valve cover might be a good idea to replace it. nothing else with bearings as the zx10s dont use ball bearings on the cams.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Also, is the cam going to throw my fuel map off so far that I will have to get a custom map,or will my current map see me through until I can get a custom map made?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, now i'm really confused. I was reading some other posts and some are saying that installing the race cam isn't worth it as there is minimal power increases. Not sure what to believe now. Anyone that has installed one, was it worth it, or is the strictly a track only (ie needing every last little HP) type mod or is this a streetable mod?

·
Banned
3,645 Posts
Ok, now i'm really confused. I was reading some other posts and some are saying that installing the race cam isn't worth it as there is minimal power increases. Not sure what to believe now. Anyone that has installed one, was it worth it, or is the strictly a track only (ie needing every last little HP) type mod or is this a streetable mod?
Intake cam absoloutely MOST defintiely worth it. Exhaust cam is a complete waste of money.

JJ

·
Registered
423 Posts
i just installed intake cam and .50 head gasket,also did valve adjustment got 15 horsepower... and yes a custom map

my opnion very worth it!!

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
I kept the intake cam on the bench to see what the stock cam would do degreed with the .5 gasket and the exhaust. 16hp increase at 4k foot elevation at 111deg F. custom map of course.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts