Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:dontknow: ive read the reveiws, and the bike sounds awesome, i had a yamaha r6 and just fell in love with the zx10 when i saw it, im going to buy andpick it up next week, but how are they, im 6ft 2 in tall you think the bike is too small, what should i look for when i test drive it, any pointers to help me diagnose a lemon, i know its a kawasaki so it should be fine but this is my new dream bike and i dont want to buy junk, by the way if a bike has been down what signs give it away, any pointers please help thanks

·
Registered
6,354 Posts
:welcome: and enjoy

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
You're tall you will like it better than the 06.
No issues with the 05 'cept keeping the front wheel on the deck..
If the bike has been down you may not be able to tell (if parts replaced).
Look for small scratches on the frame, swingarm, wheel bolt, scuffs on any plastic outer edges. Also look at the bottom of the pegs and see if they are scuffed...

If it rides good chances are it IS good!

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
The only problem that I know of is a few models have waaaaaayyyyy to much power, but other than that its all good.....:badteeth:

and :welcome: .............

·
Registered
754 Posts
:welcome: :welcome:

I also bought a used '05 (1200 miles). It was a bank repo and has a couple of very minor scratches on it (no road rash). The bike runs like a cat who's tail's on fire and ass is catchinig!

I'm not quite as tall as you at 6', but the 10 fits me pretty well. I've been riding for about 18 years and have owned FZR600s, and moved to the 10 from a '94 zx9r. The old zx has more creature comforts than the 10, but the 10 - for a small(ish) bike is pretty comfortable. The main thing I noticed were the footpegs - they are definitely higher than on the old 9. Other than that, ride the piss out of it and enjoy.

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
:welcome: :welcome: Watch out for leaks and service has been done. Ride it at least a block just feel the engine, listen for odd sound on the engine other than you're fine.

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
:welcome: to the forum and enjoy

1 - 13 of 13 Posts