Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about to paint up my trackbike so I went and had some PPG mixed up but it seemed a little weird. the Profit (a tool to read all the colors that make up one particular color) came up with a paint mix named Signal Green! From what I can tell the color is just a tiny bit yellow. Is there anyone out there that has gotten the zx10r green mixed and come up with the same thing?

Kyle

·
PostWhore
13,496 Posts
i havent done the green but had the black shot and it came up pretty far off.....more silver.....i ended up ordering from color-rite.....but i painted the lower fairing with the color i had....looked better to me.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
zrxhooligan said:
I'm about to paint up my trackbike so I went and had some PPG mixed up but it seemed a little weird. the Profit (a tool to read all the colors that make up one particular color) came up with a paint mix named Signal Green! From what I can tell the color is just a tiny bit yellow. Is there anyone out there that has gotten the zx10r green mixed and come up with the same thing?

Kyle
well I finally got busy and painted my track bike. Like I said the colors close but not perfect! needless to say I'm pretty happy with it. all be it is pretty green... Ill have to see if I shouldn't paint the lower and side covers black to brake it up a bit.after I get the bike all back together I'll photo it and see what you all think.

·
Registered
5,042 Posts
I have to say it looks pretty damn close, but then again my bike isnt green. Looks good though.

·
OG Post Whore
10,400 Posts
looks close, i cant tell if someone was to tell you they either look at the green bike too much or just have too much time on their hands

·
Registered
53 Posts
I painted the lower on my green 10. PPG has a formula for code 7F. It was a little off but I tinted it and it matches perfect.the PPG dealer is not the who you need to see. Find a good painter and he should be able to tint the color to match perfect.

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
if'n y'all used the right color to begin with ya's wouldn't have dis problem! can ya say ORANGE!

BD

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
10RPilot said:
Hooligan, do you think that if I went to my PPG dealer and asked for Signal Green that they would know what I'm talking about? I need to paint my bodywork and Sherwin Williams wouldn't even try to match Kawi green.
They might? I'll look to see if the paint code is still on the can and they can mix it to that, but I like what jeffzx998 said and check with a paint shop they'll get you closer.

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
Does that 1 piece tail mount directly to the OEM subframe points or not??

BD

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Big Daddy said:
Does that 1 piece tail mount directly to the OEM subframe points or not??

BD
Yes, but it kinda funky, 2 bolts at the tank, 2 bolts under the seat, and bolts were the mud/plate bracket went.
it kinda hard to explain but I drilled two holes right were the plate bracket went then I put some of those "captured nuts" on the aluminum ears under the subframe. with a little luck I was able to match the drilled holes with the captured nuts.

If you want I can take some photos of the body work and nuts.

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
Are you speaking of rubber welnuts?? they work great for a lotta stuff. So would you say its doable for a street bike or not??

BD

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
the rubber well nut probably would have worked but the ones I used where like the metal ones that mount the gauges to the air duct.(c shaped with the nut on one side)

for street I probably wouldn't us this tail section. It's all ONE piece like a sock. there's really no way to mount a tail light with out major mods.

·
Registered
5,042 Posts
Looks great and damn you have 2, lucky dog!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts