Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
She a nut case. steals that much and still didn't win anything, but 4-12 years in the slammer.

LONG ISLAND, New York -- A Long Island woman screamed at a judge that sending her to prison won't help her lottery addiction.

But that didn't stop Justice Robert Doyle from sentencing Annie Donnelly to four to 12 years. The 38-year-old Farmingville woman was convicted of stealing more than $2 million from her employer to buy up to $6,000 a day in lottery tickets.

Donnelly shouted at the judge "So put me upstate. But you know what? When I come out, I'm still going to have a problem."

Donnelly's screaming continued for several minutes even after her weeping mother tried to calm her down. Donnelly repeatedly threatened to kill herself if she was sent to jail.

She pleaded guilty last month to grand larceny in exchange for the sentence. Prosecutors say that, while working as a bookkeeper for Great South Bay Surgical Associates in Babylon, N.Y., Donnelly stole $2.3 million from the company over three years. Prosecutors said she spent it on scratch-off lottery games.

She said she knows what she did "was wrong" and that she had seen a psychiatrist about her gambling. But Donnelly told the judge that, by sending her to prison he's saying "money is worth more than a person."

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
just cap her ass and end her misery and everyone else's

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Some people just don't get it. :rolleyes:

For christs sake, SHE is the criminal yet she tries to villainize the system and the courts as the ones at fault. Sorry but, do the crime do the time.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts