Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the process of installing my A & R race baffle kit on my bike. My kit came with the machined aluminum spacers and I am trying to figure out how they are installed. Is the race baffle supposed to slide through the aluminum spacer? Neither baffle fits throught the aluminum spacer. Just thought I'd ask before I break out the file. Any other tips or tricks not mentioned in other threads would be greatly appreciated as well.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
yeah read the stamp on the plates, the perforated tubes go through the cnc plates, the plates go up where the screws screw into the cans. just take your time and make sure you put the endcap on the right way :) i know from experience

·
Registered
319 Posts
The baffles go thru the cnc plates. If you need to file, don't over do it or the baffles will rattle. Another suggestion, no need to grind the bottom plate of the stock baffle. I used a dremmel tool and cut the plate away from the rest of the baffle following the small holes as a guide.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info. Just wanted to make sure I didn't screw it up since the new plates aren't in the online instructions.

I was able to get the cans together with a little work. I did have to enlarge the holes in the CNC plates slightly to get the baffles to go through. I also used an angle grinder and cut around the first perforations in the stock baffles instead of grinding the welds. One hundred buck, a little bit of work....well worth it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts