Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Did the same mod, for an 06, and do not have that problem. I do not see a hole. Maybe a pic would help. Peace :cool:

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
dont plug it, dont need the back pressure for the 10r, in fact the hole is whats gonna make the exhaust last longer due the condensation having a place to escape. also the inserts or steel and rust easy

·
La Flama Blanca
7,730 Posts
there is no steel in the exhaust, only aluminium and Titanium, I would plug it with JBweld if it really bothers you,I don't remembering having those holes on my stock cans with race baffles. the exhaust forces are gonna blow the condensation out the tail pipe anyway, if anything your packing may get a little wet, and cause it to break down early.

·
Registered
319 Posts
DO NOT PLUG THE HOLES. As mentioned before, these holes are for condensation. Unlike the stock pipes, the A & R Baffles are steel and will rust. I have two sets of stock pipes (modified, not modified) and both sets have the holes. Also, look at the position this holes are in, they blow directly into the tire's side contact patch. Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but looks like this holes were also design to help heat the tires.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
there is no steel in the exhaust, only aluminium and Titanium, I would plug it with JBweld if it really bothers you,I don't remembering having those holes on my stock cans with race baffles. the exhaust forces are gonna blow the condensation out the tail pipe anyway, if anything your packing may get a little wet, and cause it to break down early.
the a&R baffles are steel!!!!! aluminum doesn't rust!!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts