Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife has a cbr 1000rr. We bought a pit bull front stand with a pin to fit her bike. I tried using it to lift the front end of my zx10r and although the pin will fit inside to hole of the bottom triple clamp, there is very little space left to lift the bike and when I attempt to do so, the stand starts putting pressure on the front fairing. I went over to the pit bull website to purchase the #2 pin which is the application for my bike but there is another #2 pin listed as tall. I was wondering if anyone out there has this stand and which pin they use to lift their bike.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Have you raised your Triples?

edit *...meaning was your bike already lowered in the front before you tried the #2 pin?

·
Chairman of the Board
15,998 Posts
I have a Woodcraft head/pin stand. It is height adjustable. I know it put pressure on the headlight and front fairing before it was properly adjusted. After adjustment it does barely touch but no pressure at all on it. Try adjusting the height a little higher if you can.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I do not have a #2 pin for the stand. Currently, the one on the stand is for a cbr1000rr. I have never removed the forks on the zx10r but would like to do so now. My question is do I need a regular #2 pin or a tall #2 pin.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
I do not have a #2 pin for the stand. Currently, the one on the stand is for a cbr1000rr. I have never removed the forks on the zx10r but would like to do so now. My question is do I need a regular #2 pin or a tall #2 pin.
Fitting Chart is standard #2...if you look on their website the chart has Tall #2 for other bikes but not the 1st and 2nd Gen, it's also #15 for the 3rd gen.
'
So suggest get like most of us use on this site #2 NOT TALL.

bloo

·
Registered
164 Posts
great!!! I just bought the #2 and it worked perfectly. Unfortunately, my job of lowering the forks make it flush against upper triple clamp has now run into another snag. I stripped the bolt heads of the triple clamp bolts and the brake caliper bolts. I didn't know they were so brittle as I have tightened them to torque specs. I'll ask the dealer if he has em' stock or will order them online.

you bought a pin in less than 7hrs and installed...what service :dontknow:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts