Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

A performance question!!

2K views 25 replies 14 participants last post by  Rooter 
#1 ·
Does anyone know of any upgrades that can make a stock zx10r faster both for street and track? got races coming up in July and really wanted to enter its all for street bikes and race bikes..

#4 ·
Unfortunately the ZX-10 is one of those bikes with no parts available to make it faster.

Im sorry man.

#7 ·
It is a second gen.
If i had to guess he is probably drag racing on the street. Or hopefully down the track.

#8 ·
what is faster? acceleration or top end. for drag and street fun -1 +2 gearing is pretty good. You can pick up 5-15 hp with a exhaust and tune. Throw in a free breathing air filter and you will be just as fast a most of the gen 2 owners.

#9 ·
Unfortunately most of the mods to speed up the bike on the track will only slow you down on the street, and vice versa. You'll have to seriously consider which one you want to be faster on then go from there.

There are a few things that would transfer from one to the other, like:

Exhaust, unrestricting filter, secondaries removed, stacks, gearing change, pc3 w/ tune, better tires, etc.

#25 ·
#17 ·
First I would change the blinker fluid, than rotate brake rotor bolts. Summer air in the tires. And as stated, you can never go wrong with a new muffler bearing. A good shit the morning of the race will save some weight as well. I always run about 60psi in the rear tire and about 53.625psi in the front tire to cut down on drag from having to much rubber on the road.

Sh*t who needs brakes anyways, just take them off and save the weight.

later

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.