Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im really wanting to throw a bottle on, a buddy of mine is about to have his done( a dry shot) which he said would be best for mainly stock motor for the most part.... I talked to another guy and he said an actual wet shot would be safer, im not sure which would be better, any suggestions? wanting to do like a 30shot:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
im really wanting to throw a bottle on, a buddy of mine is about to have his done( a dry shot) which he said would be best for mainly stock motor for the most part.... I talked to another guy and he said an actual wet shot would be safer, im not sure which would be better, any suggestions? wanting to do like a 30shot:thumbsup:
stick with the dry shot it will work fine for what your trying to do. :thumbsup:

·
MIdlife PIMP
3,459 Posts
anybody know how many passes you can get out of a 1.0lb bottle?

·
Banned
3,645 Posts
stick with the dry shot it will work fine for what your trying to do. :thumbsup:
:+1:

30 shot dry is fine.

The problem with wet is the complexity of the install goes way up as well. Another solenoid with another fuel pump, extra lines, wiring ect.

JJ

·
Banned
3,645 Posts
anybody know how many passes you can get out of a 1.0lb bottle?
I used Nitrous for many years on one of my street bikes. It was a ZX7R with a built ZX9 engine. I was runnning a 50HP (advertised as 60) shot WET system and a 2 1/2 pound bottle and typically could get 5-7 top speed runs out of it.

I never used a bottle any size less than 2 pounds because it grew old getting the bottles refilled all the time.

My guess is you will get no more than 2-4 passes out of it, if that many.

I wound up buying a big car bottle of eBay, 20 pounder, and transfered the nitrous from the big bottle to the little bottles by freezing the little bottles in the freezer overnight and warming the larger one with a heating pad, or letting it set out in the direct sun, ect, and the nitrous will transfer right over without a pump. You can easily transfer and fill bottles this way.

Most places I went to didn't won't to mess with filling the little bottles as it was to much hassle to do it for so little return for them.

Eventually I grew tired of the bottle filling in general.

JJ

·
MIdlife PIMP
3,459 Posts
Thanks JJ........i kinda figured the same.2-3 passes at best.......
Getting a big bottle to do the transfer sounds like a good Idea!...thanks for the tip!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts