1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
i got the same one but with the 10 inch wheels. works perfect for me i can fit 2 bikes on it. going down the high with no problem.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wpbzx-10, thanks for the info.I'm leaning towards the 12 inch wheels.Easier on the frame of the trailer,take a heavier load if I decide to use it for other trailer reasons.Thanks again!

·
Registered
352 Posts
Yikes!. Tiny wheels and Chinese made. I see those things occasionally, doing their little dance side-to-side down the freeway. A trailer should have a minimum 13" wheels IMO. Around here (and this is SoCal..Nothing's cheap) you can get a brand new 5X8 Carson etc.. trailer for $500. Much better .

·
welds like he has palsy
1,761 Posts
I just bought a BARELY used pretty much new 5X8 foot for $600 off of craigslist. It came with the 2X8 inch flooring, a 4 ft. ramp / gate, and 15 inch wheels. I'm not sure how much you are paying, but I think you can buy a good used trailer pretty cheap...and not have to reinforce any of the welds. Just my opinion though.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks all! I went to Lowes and Home Depot and found their 4x8 trailers with gate/ramp. And they start at $750 so I'm just trying to look at alot of options.

·
Gone Ridin'
1,705 Posts
I use a Haulmark (enclosed 16') but then again we are usually trailering at least one each for me, my wife and the son.

I have used a small one we built ourselves (roughly 4x6') to trailer the CR 125 and even the SV 650, but I think the 10R is a tad longer and wouldn't quite make it (both of the others are rather a tight fit).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts