Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Some of you know that my 08 zx10 has run 9.18 @ 148 setting at a little over 61 inches , air shifter , geared to hell with 15 /41 gears .. Also stripped of mirrors and rear pegs ...Well it was no fun riding on the street with all the mods so i put it all back to stock but for the pipe and P/C ...

My only mods now are A Brocks alien head and his street map , lowered rear and 1 1/2 in the front ...Pump gas with the factory air filter in place , factory tire at 28 psi and stock gears..foot shifting with the clutch..

I have only made a few passes with the bike at stock wheel base , i can pretty much count the runs i have made at stock wheel base on one hand..The best run stone stock with 23 miles on the bike was a 9.97 .. I went to the track tonight and got 7 runs in before the rains came and was pretty happy with the out come ...My best of the night was ...

1.62 60 footer
6.29 @ 118.45 1/8 mile
9.62 @ 145.55

I was getting faster each pass till the rain came down ... 84 degs and 88% humidity ( not great air) My hat is off to Kenny and Shine, it takes a real pro to handle a stock wheel base 1000 ...But i must say i had a great time trying to go fast with no extra wheel base ... I think it has more in it.. With some more runs i think i can get this thing in the 9.40s ... The trick is holding the clutch longer to get rid of the dead spot this zx10 has .( 0 to 8000 it a turd ).. My 330 times are killing me but with each pass learning what the bike wants ... More testing coming soon ...:eek:ccasion1

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts
sweet!

:wav:

·
Registered
4,818 Posts
Gotta love the 10R congrats keep getting faster bro.

·
Registered
344 Posts
:thumbsup: nice job!! i would like to try going back to stk w/b somtime, i think it would be alot of fun :mrgreen:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts