Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys,, im done all the mods except ivans block off plates,,, when u take the old ones off,,, there is a rubber seal with 2 brass arms,,, to you reinstall them into the new plates? thanks

·
Banned
1,196 Posts
Those are the reed valves that control the air into the KLEEN system. They also serve as a gasket/seal. If there is not a gasket of some sort to serve that purpose with the block off plates just leave them in place.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
they fit into the new block off plates,,, im going to put them in the new plates as a seal,,, makes sence to me. thanks

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok guys,, the bike is done!!! sheeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwww!!!!!. but 1 thing i dont like,,, my idle is very low,,, cold idle is around 1,300,,, hot idle is 200 to 300,,, it wants to stall. when i call iven on monday to help me set the open an closing points,, i'll ask him what to do then. i have the akra full system,, it sounds ok,,, but i like the way the arata sounds better, its a little deeper sounding than the akra..anyway,,, im going to take it for a ride to see how all the sh%t/stuff works,,lol lol :eek:ccasion1
O yea,,,, total working time, start to finish,, 4 hours

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
just turn the damn idle up a little :thumbsup:
the adjustment sticks out on the left side of bike (from seat) and is a little thumbwheel thingy.. you turn it in to increase idle speed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts