Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a weird experience yesterday. I ride my bike everyday and I go to the gym too. I workout about 4-5 times a week and I am fairly in shape. Anyway, after my workout this Harley guy is in the locker room. I see him at the gym all the time but he still looks like he never touched a weight. He is bold, has a gut, a nasty beard, I guees you can picture him. Anyway, I never talked to this guy, never said anything bad about him. This dude knows that I am riding a zx10-r and out of nowhere is start sayin out loud, you are gay, you are gay with a very agressive tone of voice in fron of everybody. I had to control myself really hard not to beat him up.

What's up with these Haley dudes. I know they not all like that but when I split lanes on the freeway and there is harley guy in fron of me, they NEVER move... I have to wait for a hole, pass him (and of course flip him)....Sport bike riders, as soon as they see me in their mirror, they move over and they say hi...

Any bad experience like the one I had yesterday ?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,127 Posts
Sorry to hear. Several Hardly riders at my gym. We joked all the time about their oil leaks and my rice burner. Sounds like this guy is just retarded.
 

·
GP Star/Official Spam Spotter
Joined
·
5,756 Posts
i thought Harley guys are suposed to have guts?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
47 Posts
I've pretty much come to the conclusion that there are idiots everywhere. I personally have the worst experiences with dump truck drivers. They tend to drive aggressively, forgetting they are often carrying 10,000 lbs of rocks or debris that flings out and chips your windshield or helmet if you get caught behind them.

Living in Milwaukee, I see alot of Harley Davidson riders. The vast majority are cool and respect me as a fellow motorcyclist. I hate the poker rides where there are 50 in a row and they give you shit if you try to pass them. I also could do without the obnoxiously loud exhausts and the lack of helmets - helmetless riders cause all our insurance rates to be higher.

Just ignore the brickhead.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,118 Posts
GOD I HATE THERE DAMN EXHAUSTS!!!!!!!!!!!! my roommate has a harley, but not your typical guy, real calm, relaxed, he just rides to ride, but yes, they do ride freaken slow. Anyways, onto their exhausts, one of the MOTHER F...ERS! went tearing out of the apt this morning, and we live at the front, so at 5:30am, you here this brum brum brum, bruuuuuum, bruumm, bruuuum,.. braaaaaaaaaaaaaaaam braaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa braaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa braaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

i am like holy crap, is that necessary. anyways, ya, they sound cool on choppers, thats it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Ask yourself who wears the assless chaps? That should tell you who is more gay!

I rode a friends HD Sportster 883. I realize this is the smallest engine in the harley lineup but it was a joke. The throttle was a volume control and nothing more. I was fearful to try to pass cars.

I guess almost anything is going to feel slow coming off a 10R but I would expect almost any motorcycle to have more performance then the average car.
 

·
Still here
Joined
·
9,059 Posts
jetkll said:
Ask yourself who wears the assless chaps? That should tell you who is more gay!

I rode a friends HD Sportster 883. I realize this is the smallest engine in the harley lineup but it was a joke. The throttle was a volume control and nothing more. I was fearful to try to pass cars.

I guess almost anything is going to feel slow coming off a 10R but I would expect almost any motorcycle to have more performance then the average car.
I rode an 883 that belonged to a girl I knew. Rode it to the end of the block, hated the lounge chair position, turned that train around and brought it back to her.

Started on a dirtbike and I don't want to ride something where I can't actually stand on the pegs if I need to.
 

·
Bloo Moderator
Joined
·
23,742 Posts
jetkll said:
Ask yourself who wears the assless chaps? That should tell you who is more gay!

I rode a friends HD Sportster 883. I realize this is the smallest engine in the harley lineup but it was a joke. The throttle was a volume control and nothing more. I was fearful to try to pass cars.

I guess almost anything is going to feel slow coming off a 10R but I would expect almost any motorcycle to have more performance then the average car.
The average car is allot quicker than the old days, and the ZX10R is a monster when it comes to passing cars, as one magazine said when it first came out is that an R1 can pass a few cars with ease on the Hwy but a 10 will pass a dozen :badteeth:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,624 Posts
Just a case of some people who are jerks, trying to make themselves bigger. All you can do is laugh at them, at their small brains, at their febble attempts to do most things anyone else does easily, their social in-ability, etc.
But most especially laugh at their small wee-wee's!

:crackup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,624 Posts
RickRoush03 said:
GOD I HATE THERE DAMN EXHAUSTS!!!!!!!!!!!! my roommate has a harley, but not your typical guy, real calm, relaxed, he just rides to ride, but yes, they do ride freaken slow. Anyways, onto their exhausts, one of the MOTHER F...ERS! went tearing out of the apt this morning, and we live at the front, so at 5:30am, you here this brum brum brum, bruuuuuum, bruumm, bruuuum,.. braaaaaaaaaaaaaaaam braaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa braaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa braaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

i am like holy crap, is that necessary. anyways, ya, they sound cool on choppers, thats it.

:+1:

Got one of them considerate types in my neighborhood too. He leaves his girlfriends' house about 3:00 in the freakin' AM. Otherwise, not a bad dude at all.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,362 Posts
I had a harley rider ask me when i was going to get a man's bike. I just told him that my bike makes more hp at idle then his at full throttle. Some are cool and some are just jackass.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
681 Posts
There are a bunch of my friends that ride harley's also, and we all give each other crap, but respect each other as riders.

There are always those out there that are just butt nuts. That is soooo true about the volume control thing. I almost laugh every time one of those idiots has those straight short pipes for no other reason than to be obnoxious. They try to go somewhere, and it just doesn't move. That is the reason they are so loud, it is because they are not moving away from you at any rate of speed.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,624 Posts
rocketracermike said:
I had a harley rider ask me when i was going to get a man's bike. I just told him that my bike makes more hp at idle then his at full throttle. Some are cool and some are just jackass.
A real man's bike, huh.
You know a vision just popped into my head. If you could afford it, it would be so cool to say, "Here give this a quick spin around the block. You know, sportbikes don't make any power at low revs, so you really have to run it to, oh, say 7500 rpm and dump the clutch to get a good launch out of it. You know, so you won't stall." And then sit back and enjoy the show.
Man, I must have a real cruel streak in me! :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,177 Posts
just remembered my buddy spent 25 grand on a 165 horse motor for his harley... meanwhile i had bought the 10 for half that ... kinda stole his thunder...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,624 Posts
kwakman said:
There are a bunch of my friends that ride harley's also, and we all give each other crap, but respect each other as riders.

There are always those out there that are just butt nuts. That is soooo true about the volume control thing. I almost laugh every time one of those idiots has those straight short pipes for no other reason than to be obnoxious. They try to go somewhere, and it just doesn't move. That is the reason they are so loud, it is because they are not moving away from you at any rate of speed.
:+1:

You are so right! You could almost walk there faster!
 

·
Bloo Moderator
Joined
·
23,742 Posts
rocketracermike said:
I had a harley rider ask me when i was going to get a man's bike. I just told him that my bike makes more hp at idle then his at full throttle. Some are cool and some are just jackass.
There really is no way to lump all Harley guys into one bunch because they are so difersified these days, but yeah I do remember in the old days that was one of thier favorite comments by harley guys(when you going to get a man's bike) :lol: Now when I come up on a pack of them I always go to the front like I'm the alpha dog and you guys are the beta's so stay away before I unleash my power :wink:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,362 Posts
gpz1100 said:
A real man's bike, huh.
You know a vision just popped into my head. If you could afford it, it would be so cool to say, "Here give this a quick spin around the block. You know, sportbikes don't make any power at low revs, so you really have to run it to, oh, say 7500 rpm and dump the clutch to get a good launch out of it. You know, so you won't stall." And then sit back and enjoy the show.
Man, I must have a real cruel streak in me! :lol:

Some of them are just dumb enough to do it. Thats the funny part. :eyecrazy:
 
1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Top