Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys/gals,
Have a quick question. As a new member and new 10R owner , hence my newbie rating, I have a newbie question. What is a good temperature to look for on my temperature gauge while riding during normal operation? My previous bike was an '84 Yamaha Vision KZ550 so it didn't have any of these cool features. I just want to know what to look for JUST IN CASE. Thanks.

·
Registered
634 Posts
170 in normal temps, last week in 40 degree temps I was runnin 150ish. I havn't had it runnin in hot temps yet since I bought my 10r in early fall.

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts
In Texas doing hard twisty riding Ill see the 190's. Sittin it traffic, up to 220. Riding home last night in the 40's all I saw was 140.

·
GP Star/Official Spam Spotter
5,756 Posts
150ish at 48degrees

·
I really need to get out of the house
11,176 Posts
Don't be alarmed when summer rolls around and you see 220 on a regular basis. The temps climb really fast on this bike.

·
Banned
856 Posts
rollin along: bout 190. sitting in traffic dont shut it off till you see 228 or so. the bike gets hot quick doin slow rolling burnouts so make shure you keep an eye on it in those new tire situations

·
OG Post Whore
10,400 Posts
my friends 636 said hot one day and shit was spitting out coolant. that was some shit man. in the summer mine was usually under 200

·
OG Post Whore
10,400 Posts
i think his fan is busted since he downed his bike on the freeway. he wasnt too badly hurt, he got lucky

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
I saw 214 at 67deg today. Of course that is at a stop sign. This bikes temp really climbs when at a stop. In the summer on some looooong signals I just shut it off. My next mod is going to be the after market Muzzy fan and am also going to look into different coolant combo's.

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
One MILLION Degrees!!! Oooops, Dr Evil, Don't you think you should ask for a little more?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts