Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am from southern California, Orange county to be precise, and was wondering if anybody here knows of a good guy, or shop to set-up my suspension, as I heard the ZX10' is a little trickier than most. I am studying suspension, but I am just not confident enough yet to do my own. any replies much appreciated! thanks! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
702 Posts
There is RaceTech and PPS. RaceTech is in Corona and PPS is in Anaheim. RaceTech is always at Fastrack Riders trackdays and they can set your sag and etc. for $20. There is a track day coming up on 8/19 - 8/21 at Fontana (California Speedway). I also heard very good things about Stig Pettersson of PPS ( http://www.ppsracing.com ).

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
aggressive canyon riding with a little track thrown in. I weigh 185 with no equipment.
thanks!

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
take a turn of preload out of both the front fork and the rear shock. I'd start there.. the compression and damping seem ok fromt and rear but there is way to much preload from the factory..
the bike will feel much less nervous with these settings.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Try Sport Rider Magazine website, they have excellent suspension settings for every sportbike, I used their settings for my bike and they are damn near perfect, from what you described it sounds like you do the same type of riding as I do.

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
I hear more happy people from PPS.
The springs are perfect for your weight, You might want to get a revalve on the forks & shock. The shock has a little bit too much compression but that is most likely what gives that great traction feel.

·
Registered
5,969 Posts
Check out SoCalSportbikes.com - there are several references to local suspension guys.

I just got back from Buttonwillow track day and had Race Tech set up my suspension for the track. Cost $20.00 It is really dialed well for the track, but a bit stiff for the street. Or you can visit them in Corona too. Took the guy 10 minutes.

·
Registered
5,969 Posts
angryrooster said:
I am from southern California, Orange county to be precise, and was wondering if anybody here knows of a good guy, or shop to set-up my suspension, as I heard the ZX10' is a little trickier than most. I am studying suspension, but I am just not confident enough yet to do my own. any replies much appreciated! thanks! :thumbsup:
BTW - we go riding every weekend...FrankYoZ and I just did a track day last Tues 8/2...check out Katriders.com and the Southwest section.

We are doing San Diego this Saturday...probably meet at the Carl's Jr. at Lake Forest and the 5 around 8 am...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts