Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
The Movie Goer!
6,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I feel kinda bad i called up a friend of mine to go for a ride mon. afternoon and he crashed his bike. :headshake I was out running some errands on the bike b/c it was a nice day out. I had to stop by the dealer to pick up some bolts i had 2 order last week. I told my friend meet me there then we'll just go for a little ride or somethin after that.

So i took him on these back country roads that i only been on twice before. Some nice little twisties! I don't know the road 100% but i know it good enough to get around and get back to the city where my ass belongs! So he was takin it easy as he should, and i was doin my thing ahead. Whenever he would disappear in my mirrors i would slow up and wait for him to catch up. I liked the way he was riding b/c he wasn't riding in over his head tryin to keep up with me. He just kept a nice pace where he was comfortable and he seen that i wasn't gonna leave him so everything was workin out well. So yea everytime i would speed up and make him disappear and then i would slow down and see him again. I was like kool!! But then we hit this one stretch of curves and i got on it again and left him in the mirrors. Then i slowed down b/4 it got real curvy and i kept lookin in my mirrors to see if he was coming like alwayz? I kept lookin like damn where is this guy at? So by this time i really slowed up i'm doing like 10mph now still lookin! I didn't wanna think the worse! :headshake But dude was not coming behind me i was tryin to think positive like maybe he pulled over to adjust somethin i dunno? :dontknow: So then i pulled off to the side waited a little bit not even a min. Then i turned around and went back and reality set in i was like awww man!!! I didn't even see him or the bike yet but i already knew what it was b/c he wasn't coming. I was just hopin it wasn't too serious. So then i finally see him he's layin on the side of the road helmet off. He had like 4 guys around him helpin him out. There just happened to be some workers off the side of the road, i dunno what the hell they were doing? I think they were fixin telephone lines or weedwackin? :dontknow: Anyway they picked the bike up and tried to help him out until i turned back around.

My friend didn't get hurt too bad he had on all of his gear. He scrapped his knee and his finger. He said his back was killing him tho! But the bike wasn't rideable the left side case was busted and spilled fluids all over the road. The front fairing and windscreen was cracked up. That seemed to be the extent of the damage, everything else was just rashed up! I had to run all the way back to the city pick up my truck and trailor and drive all the way back out into the heart of the countryside! I left to go back @ 4:40 and didn't get back to him until 6pm! Thatz krazy!

·
The Movie Goer!
6,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The reason i feel kinda bad iz b/c he just got the bike this past saturday. He brought it past my work and showed me, he was happy as hell! I was dissin him b/c he asked me to help him shop for a bike and i was tryin to. But dude was being too impatient and didn't wanna shop around. He was working with $4700! I was tellin him about this guy i know thatz sellin his '02 R6 and that he should check it out! I told him about a 954rr! But this dude kept wanting to buy the first thing he seen!!! He was lookin at old bikes '92 -95, 98 and lookin at bikes like Katana's naked bikes just bullshit bikes! I said man we're about to go into '07! U don't want nothin older than a 2000 model! The more i was tryin 2 help dude the more he wasn't listening! I was getting burnt out! I said fuck it! Itz not my money and i'm not gonna be the one riding it soooo whateva! And thatz when he pulls up 2 my work this past sat. with a bullshit '02 Katana somethin? I dunno even know if itz a 600 or 750?:dontknow: I said awwww man nooo u didn't!!!! I couldn't even be happy for him! He said he only paid $3300 or somethin like that? I was disappointed!! I wanted him to get a REAL sportbike! Not just settle for somethin like a katana! :headshake Some people i just understand? They act like they can't hold onto money and it burns a hole in their pocket! I was even tellin him that he should just wait b/c riding season iz almost over anyway! Take ur time and shop around! But nope and now look what happened! :badteeth:

·
Registered
186 Posts
sux to hear! my buddy just bought a 2006 cbr600rr and owes 10k on it, wrecked it 3000 miles later and now his insurance wants to give him blue book value which is only 6600! upside down like 3400 plus he has no gap insurance. sux

·
Registered
330 Posts
Man that does suck but people have to learn on there own. If/When he gets it fixed hell probably get dissed so hard for getting a katana hell wish he could sell it for something else but like you said... you aint riding it. Ive got a friend the same way right now. Wants me to look for him a good deal for a bike and i found him a funking 04 10r for 6K but he wanted to bullshit. Anyways shit happens for a reason. wasnt your fault b/c you werent riding it. just my .02

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Dayum... that really sux. Now that I got my ZX 10-R, erybody I work with wanna go and get bikes now. The bad part about it is, these guys don't know the first thing about riding or taking care of a bike. So I try and tell them to be careful when it comes to buying a used bike... cause most of the time, the seller's getting rid of it for a reason... We've had a rash of problems here lately where guys would buy a used bike, come to find out that the bike has been dogged out so bad that it spends more time in a shop then on the road. I know It took me dayum near 4 months before I decided to get my new baby... eventhough I knew what I wanted and I paid cash for it. I only wish there was some plan in place for these guys buying used bikes to take them and have them looked at before they buy so they'll know what they are getting themselves into. But what do I know.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts