Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I bought a set of these on Ebay.

And decided that since I had access to a CNC machine shop I would purchase my own slab of t7075 aircraft aluminum and produce my own.

They work for all 3 models and have 6 holes for 6 different settings for more adjustment settings than compared to the regular 3 holed lowering links.

I can sell them for 25 shipped. I will post up pictures tomorrow of the sets I made. PM me with any questions.

I will be posting pictures of these on my bike on all 6 different settings for a rough estimate of what each holes lowers.

jb

Ok after some test fitting. The first hole (closes to the top single hole it is stock height) Each hole drops it about .65 inches. The second picture is what I have on my recent 10 and it is set at 2nd to the lowest and I have about 2.5 inches of clearance from the bottom of the lower fairing to the ground.

These will work on 1998+ zx6r, 2004+ zx10r, 1999+ zx9r

Attachments

·
T Double D
870 Posts
if these work on a 08 zx10 i want some

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
if these work on a 08 zx10 i want some
Yes they do. The 08/09's have slightly different in length, so when you use these it won't lower in increments of .65 instead .55 or so each hole.

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If anyone can give me measurements of the center of the holes of the dog bones on the 08/09 I can give you a better number of how low the bike will be.

jb

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
bump

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
bump^^^^

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
how are lowering links installed ?
By removing the 2 nuts that bolted on your stock links. Then you take off the links and put in the adjustable ones. First time you do it might take you an hour, after that it'll only take you 10 mins.

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ummm can you make extenders? hahaha
Don't they have infomercials for stuff like that? hahhahah

I can make them but there isn't a high demand for them as compared to lowering links.

·
Registered
3,019 Posts
Don't they have infomercials for stuff like that? hahhahah

I can make them but there isn't a high demand for them as compared to lowering links.
maybe there isnt a high demand for lowering links....not my fault your a midge...jk jblaze...once i get outta work im gonna look at the bike and try to picture it a lil lower....i might just hit you up for a set:)

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
maybe there isnt a high demand for lowering links....not my fault your a midge...jk jblaze...once i get outta work im gonna look at the bike and try to picture it a lil lower....i might just hit you up for a set:)
You jerk! hahah

This is how it will look if you slam it!

·
Registered
151 Posts
no his forks are just slid up through the clamps, can i get a pic of that bike straight on from the side? i want to do this to my 10r and i cant find lowered bikes with stock swingarms

1 - 20 of 46 Posts