Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i recieved my new clutch kit from Cycle concepts(fast shipping!!). I recieved 8 steel plates, and 10 fiber plates. My question is, in the OEM clutch that i took off of my bike, the last plate was the double thick plate(13089 in the link). I didn't recieve a double thick plate in this clutch kit i ordered? Can i just substitute one of the regular looking plates, in its place? Or do i need to go to Kawi and order this double thick plate? Am i missing something if i dont?

Also, The mark thats on the outside of the clutch housing(shown in little box of bottom right corner of the link), what is that for? Am i supposed to line something back up with that?

I'm under the impression that the only thing that needs to be in order is, fiber, plate, fiber, plate, fiber, etc. as long as i start with a fiber and end with a fiber, then i got nothing to worry about? Unless theres more to it than that.

I know these questions are annoying but im trying to learn :)

Any help is appreciated!!

Oh ya and here's the ron ayers link of what i'm talking about.....

http://www.ronayers.com/fiche/400_0572/clutch/clutch.cfm?man=ka&groupid=13970&parent=13910

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
No instrutions? What brand of clutch? I would call them if they have a # and ask for the Tech line just in case also pre soak your fibers in oil as well before you put it together.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
So i recieved my new clutch kit from Cycle concepts(fast shipping!!). I recieved 8 steel plates, and 10 fiber plates. My question is, in the OEM clutch that i took off of my bike, the last plate was the double thick plate(13089 in the link). I didn't recieve a double thick plate in this clutch kit i ordered? Can i just substitute one of the regular looking plates, in its place? Or do i need to go to Kawi and order this double thick plate? Am i missing something if i dont?

Also, The mark thats on the outside of the clutch housing(shown in little box of bottom right corner of the link), what is that for? Am i supposed to line something back up with that?

I'm under the impression that the only thing that needs to be in order is, fiber, plate, fiber, plate, fiber, etc. as long as i start with a fiber and end with a fiber, then i got nothing to worry about? Unless theres more to it than that.

I know these questions are annoying but im trying to learn :)

Any help is appreciated!!

Oh ya and here's the ron ayers link of what i'm talking about.....

http://www.ronayers.com/fiche/400_0572/clutch/clutch.cfm?man=ka&groupid=13970&parent=13910
you will find with the Cycle Concepts the friction plates are pretty much the same as the special plates your OEM uses(only 2..1 front and back) but the rest the same throughout the stack so NO Friction plate is different like OEM stacks.:headshake

So, it's like this....install 1 friction plate and install your old double special Steel flex plate unless you bought another after that..most don't replace that.

then after that friction steel all the way to the end....but the last friction move it counter clockwise 1 notch/tab from the others as suggested like the How to threads in the performance stickies... and your good to go.

bloo

·
Registered
152 Posts
Just like blue says, the only thing I would add is to either take some light sandpaper or bead blast the judder spring plate to rough it up a bit and remove any glazing it may have before reinstalling it. I have found this will help with the feel as well as give a bit more bite.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts