Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello family...looking for some insight. I just did a valve check on my gen 1, and while reassembling the bike i put new plugs in, did the free block off mod, cut the fins in the ram air tubes, cleaned my filter, and the 1/5 throttle insert. Upon the first start up of the bike after 7 days, the idle seems to be a little bit jumpy and slightly lower. I let it run for a few minutes and only got up to 160 degrees f before i shut her off

Now im thinking it may be doing this because i havent taken it around the block yet and put any load on the motor..but i just figured i'd ask before i go out and hurt anything.

thanks in advance :eek:ccasion1

·
BigCat for Prez!
7,229 Posts
u mean like a lope? mines done that since i put an exhaust on it and its fine

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
All is good now lol...I freaked out too soon, just needed to be ran around the block haha..soooo.smooth, just need a good dyno tune now

·
Gen2 Ripper
4,867 Posts
On my Gen2 I am CONSTANTLY adjusting my idle. It seems to be differnt every time I start bike when temp is different than last time I ran it at all.
My bike seems to be happiest at 1200-1300 rpm setting. Stays smoother and less lopey. If I set it at 1k warm it sounds like it doesn't do a good enough COLD start high idle then. But at around 1300 rpm warm setting the cold start is nice and strong, long, ad smooths out nice when warmed up.

·
Registered
173 Posts
its your spark plugs, the service manual fails to mention that you must screw in the coil plug not push it down. pushing it down strips the threads on the spark plugs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts