Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
The Movie Goer!
Joined
·
6,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any1 catch this show on TLC (the learning channel) ? This shit iz krazy man! Some of these stories were horrific! This one guy went in to get his foreskin removed from his penis and they cut his whole penis off! He sued but all they gave him was 50k which is a slap in the face! These two ladies both woke up in the middle of their surgeries. The one lady said she heard them talkin about cut deeper cut deeper! She said the light was blinding her and she was tryin to yell to let them know she was awake! But somehow even tho she woke up in the middle of the surgery she couldn't move or yell? :dontknow: But she said all of the sudden it just went black! They cut her optic nerve! :headshake And the other lady was in a car accident and needed some kind of hip surgery? And she woke up in the middle of it, they were cuting and cleaning the broken bones out! She said she could feel everything they were doing! She was yellin and screamin but no1 heard heard her until the anethesia completly wore off. She said that was the worst 15min of her life! Excruciating pain! They had other stories of people getting sugeries they didn't even need! Misdiagnosis, someone switched their chart with another paitent. This show was scary! Makes u not ever wanna go 2 the hospital for anything! :badteeth: :headshake
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,893 Posts
I missed that. Sounds like it was a pretty good show.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
194 Posts
I heard something about that. My girlfriend is a RN and she said that when they do put you to sleep, they also paralyze(sorry for the spelling) because even when you are sleep you can make sudden movements that can mess you up. The anesthia puts you to sleep and then they give you something else to paralize you. When she woke up, the stuff they gave her to paralize had not worn off yet. That would sux on so many levels to feel them cutting and digging into you like that.
 

·
The Movie Goer!
Joined
·
6,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thumpdaddy said:
I heard something about that. My girlfriend is a RN and she said that when they do put you to sleep, they also paralyze(sorry for the spelling) because even when you are sleep you can make sudden movements that can mess you up. The anesthia puts you to sleep and then they give you something else to paralize you. When she woke up, the stuff they gave her to paralize had not worn off yet. That would sux on so many levels to feel them cutting and digging into you like that.




Ohhh i never knew that? I just thought they gave u anesthia and that was it? But it makes sense tho. A sudden movement in the middle of heart surgery could be fatal. But shit to have the anesthia wear off and u be able 2 feel everything???? Torture at itz best! :eyecrazy: So if it paralyze's u howcome ur not able 2 speak or yell? :dontknow:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
194 Posts
ZiG 9th said:
Ohhh i never knew that? I just thought they gave u anesthia and that was it? But it makes sense tho. A sudden movement in the middle of heart surgery could be fatal. But shit to have the anesthia wear off and u be able 2 feel everything???? Torture at itz best! :eyecrazy: So if it paralyze's u howcome ur not able 2 speak or yell? :dontknow:
From what I heard, they paralyse everything. You don't even breath on your own. They put you on a breathing machine and everything. When she gets off work, i will ask her exactly how they do it, but you can't move at all. Because I even asked her because I had minor shoulder surgery in June of this year and I remember my throat being sore afterwards. She said it was from the breathing tube that they put in my mouth to keep me breathing because when they paralyze you, you can't move for nothing. She gets off work in about 15 mins.
 

·
The Movie Goer!
Joined
·
6,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
rocketracermike said:
And they wonder why people sue them.


Tru indeed! I can't believe the guy that went to get his foreskin trimmed from his penis and they ended up cutting off his whole penis only got $50grand! That sux! He should've at least got 50 million! They should've gave him enough money to get his penis reatached or get a donar penis or somethin? I dunno if any amount of money would make me feel better after a unfortunate situation like that? :dontknow:
 

·
Currently Clueless
Joined
·
1,516 Posts
I'd rather have my penis and be broke than have no penis and 50 mil. That would suck think I would just have to kill the doctor and take his penis and have it reattached. :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
919 Posts
I used to work in surgery at the hospital...When you see surgeries every day you will see goof ups and learn things that happen after you go under anesthesia that could cost you your life...

For the most part it runs pretty smoothly...But bad stuff happens.


One thing you have to be careful of when you sign papers allowing student doctors in the room...Alot of times the real doctor will do very little if any of the surgery and they'll allow the doctor doing his/her residency or an intern to cut on you....

If you have to have surgery you have to ask the right questions..

Also, I hate to say this but I've seen heart surgeons and OR nurses joke about how people look when the person is under anesthetic and lying naked on the table... I've heard them say things so crude that I wouldn't want any of my family members going there for surgery if they had to...
 

·
The Movie Goer!
Joined
·
6,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Slims10R said:
I'd rather have my penis and be broke than have no penis and 50 mil. That would suck think I would just have to kill the doctor and take his penis and have it reattached. :lol:




lol!!!!! :lol: I hear ya!!!
 

·
The Movie Goer!
Joined
·
6,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sands said:
I used to work in surgery at the hospital...When you see surgeries every day you will see goof ups and learn things that happen after you go under anesthesia that could cost you your life...

For the most part it runs pretty smoothly...But bad stuff happens.


One thing you have to be careful of when you sign papers allowing student doctors in the room...Alot of times the real doctor will do very little if any of the surgery and they'll allow the doctor doing his/her residency or an intern to cut on you....

If you have to have surgery you have to ask the right questions..

Also, I hate to say this but I've seen heart surgeons and OR nurses joke about how people look when the person is under anesthetic and lying naked on the table... I've heard them say things so crude that I wouldn't want any of my family members going there for surgery if they had to...




Damn that sux!!!! :headshake
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top