Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I've been fixing up an old Honda XR 80 for my nephew. It had been sitting for quite some time. The biggest problem was the carb was a mess. I cleaned it up and replaced the float (had a hole in it). I finally got it running and I'm having a problem I need some advice on.
When I ride it at slow speeds and low RPM's and open the throttle all the way, it shuts down until I ease up on the throttle. So anytime it's under a load at low RPM, it just bogs down. Do I have the float height wrong? Main jet still dirty? Definitely seems like its not getting gas. I did make a few adjustments to the air feul mixture, no luck.
BTW- it's a 4 stroker
thanks for any ideas

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Believe it or not, that's a lean issue! Too much air at WO - check the jets again, make certain the carb is clean throughout and double check the fuel lines and filter (for good measure). Also make sure the seals are good from airbox to carb and check for a good seal on the air filter.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lavudyar said:
Believe it or not, that's a lean issue! Too much air at WO - check the jets again, make certain the carb is clean throughout and double check the fuel lines and filter (for good measure). Also make sure the seals are good from airbox to carb and check for a good seal on the air filter.
Ok man! I'll check all that out! Thank you

·
Registered
269 Posts
When I use to race I had a KX 205 that did kinda the same thing. a friend told me to run a gitar string though all the jets and It fixed it. Mine would run at lo RPM but not wide open and sure enough that fixed it, I never saw anything in the way, but it did the job. Try that if al else falls. Good luck with it man.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts