Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted last month regarding a friends bike I was working on, and where to start....I changed oil, coolant, battery, plugs, and after initial warmup everything seems to be fine (all fluid levels). However, the bike blows white smoke when given throttle, and idle is off every so often (misses). Does anyone wanna chime in? My thought is valve seals, burnt valve, or bottom end problems (no weird knocks either)...It may also need a stator? BTW this bike has 36k on the clock. If a video will help just let me know.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
If its been setting any time at all I would say the smoke could be a air/fuel problem from the carbs being gummed up.If it were oil smoke i think it would be mostly blue,sometimes white smoke can actually be non burnt fuel.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If its been setting any time at all I would say the smoke could be a air/fuel problem from the carbs being gummed up.If it were oil smoke i think it would be mostly blue,sometimes white smoke can actually be non burnt fuel.
The friend purchased the bike, rode for several hours, and took it back to be serviced before he moved from Cali to TX. The bike started smoking after service was finished. The bike has been sitting for 2yrs. I R/R'd all fluids, and there are no visible leaks. The bike has a small bit of hesitation down low 1-2k rpm. It's white smoke regardless of rpm, and it stumbles every so often.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts