Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i finally got my plus 8 arm on was a little unsure of the arm at first for street riding. i made 3 pass the other night got out of work late first pass was a 9.74 the second was a 9.68 the last pass of the right was a 9.512 @ 146 mph i left at 12000 rpm man what a rush the track hooked pretty good. Im now -1 up from plus 1 in the rear foot shifting.

I Hook up my quickshifter tonight what should i set the rpm for i like to shit at 12500 any help would be great.

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
Well i finally got my plus 8 arm on was a little unsure of the arm at first for street riding. i made 3 pass the other night got out of work late first pass was a 9.74 the second was a 9.68 the last pass of the right was a 9.512 @ 146 mph i left at 12000 rpm man what a rush the track hooked pretty good. Im now -1 up from plus 1 in the rear foot shifting.

I Hook up my quickshifter tonight what should i set the rpm for i like to shit at 12500 any help would be great.
This is on a SWB bike?

·
Registered
34,537 Posts

Very nice for the first 3 passes :thumbsup:

The gear change will help a bit but more importantly shifting @ no less than 13k as the tach reads positive just like the speedo so @ 12.5k its really 12 or under so your loosing out on a key 1k worth of peak HP.

BD

·
Registered
4,049 Posts

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
not bad dude. you should def see low 9s possibly high 8s in more seat time considering your engine is bored out.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
http://zx-10r.net/forum/showthread.php?t=28985

He just needs more time on the bike. :helmet:
yeah and i need to not drop a valve. I was pissed i went a 1.42 60 foot the fastest i have went at the 60 foot mark by a ton and the bike just stopped i took the bike apart to day i dropped an exhaust valve. kinda strang tho i check the clearances 3 weeks ago and all valves where in the middle of spec. oh well i will have to redo the motor this winter i hope to do head work cams and some othe things ill keep everyone posted

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
yeah and i need to not drop a valve. I was pissed i went a 1.42 60 foot the fastest i have went at the 60 foot mark by a ton and the bike just stopped i took the bike apart to day i dropped an exhaust valve. kinda strang tho i check the clearances 3 weeks ago and all valves where in the middle of spec. oh well i will have to redo the motor this winter i hope to do head work cams and some othe things ill keep everyone posted
Sorry to hear the bad news.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts