Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went Sat to the 9/11 memorial to celebrate my brothers life. 5 ears in Heaven. Had to show the kids/nieces what heir uncle believed and fought for. He was a Marine who passed 2 mths after returning from tour on his 2 day old R1. So for all thos sevricemen/woman out there I say "Thank You". If ou havent gone to visit the memorial and are close by I recommend checking it out.

Attachments

·
I really need to get out of the house
13,309 Posts
It really is beautiful, thanks for the pics BX10r...its sad that you dont see anything more on the news about it, to me they need to keep the memories alive. I like to see what they decided on as far as a memorial for those who lost there lives. I like the waterfall idea, it really is beautiful, nice idea. As far as the tower, is that completed, and before anyone says anything, I know it doesnt look finished just thought that might be the idea behind it to symbolize the attacks.

Really enjoy the pics:thumbsup:

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It really is beautiful, thanks for the pics BX10r...its sad that you dont see anything more on the news about it, to me they need to keep the memories alive. I like to see what they decided on as far as a memorial for those who lost there lives. I like the waterfall idea, it really is beautiful, nice idea. As far as the tower, is that completed, and before anyone says anything, I know it doesnt look finished just thought that might be the idea behind it to symbolize the attacks.

Really enjoy the pics:thumbsup:
Well as you see the names around the waterfalls in rememberence of the lost. Amazing cause each waterfall is built where tower 1&2 stood. The tower would be completed in 2013 and the museum also in the pic just contunied to be worked on. Came to a stop cause of funds.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
That's some good pics bx. I really want to see that one day. Will probably wait a little longer til my kid can understand the significance of it all though. So sorry for the loss of your brother. He, along with all of our military, have all my respect.

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
I would like to check that out sometime, and i agree that its a shame that we dont hear more about the new tower or the memorial

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
Great pix, thanks for sharing! So sorry for the loss of your brother! I just returned from my third tour, and have lost friends...its very sad, but they will always live on in our memories, and its people like your brother that pay the price for our freedom, and they are the true American heroes, Fuck LeBron James and D wade!

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Eff James and Wade??? Lost me. Bx10 did not know that about your bro but indeed it is a sight to see and pay tribute!
Lets not lose focus fellas...lol. Guess you didnt see the tat when we rode, but now u know why i was tailing. A lil fear was instilled after my loss. Anyways thats another thread. Thanks to all for the kind word bout my brother. Now we just gotta hope we dont have another attack in 2013 when the tower is done. Let us pray...

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
9/11 was an inside job. Watch "loose change" on Netflix. Tower 7 had demolitions preset, and the pentagon didn't have a cave man land jumbo jet into it- no witnesses.

·
Chairman of the Board
16,037 Posts
Great pics BX. Sorry about your Bro. From what I understand the new memorial has alot of symbolism in the architecture. Alot of the angles shine sun light directly on to the memorial at the exact moment of the attack on 9/11.

·
Registered
828 Posts
...The tower would be completed in 2013 and the museum also in the pic just contunied to be worked on. Came to a stop cause of funds.
No funds for the museum? Eleven years and they still haven't raised enough money to finish it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts