Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple of us hired some guys from up country with their drag and timing equipment, and invited every single bike we could find to our own drags!
We found a 2km straight a couple of km's out of town and arranged with the local authorities to block off the road for the Sunday!

Don't know how many bikes we had there, but it was quite a show for our small town! From what I remember
6 Busa's
4 ZX12-R's
3 `04 R1's
4 `04 gixxer's
2 `04 Blades
1 ZX10-R (mine)
and a bunch of older bikes. zx-9's, gsxr750's, gsxr1000's, gsxr1100's, tl's and so on.

The trap was setup at 800m with bikes running in pairs for top speed!

Top three ended as follow:
Third
03 Busa, 16T front sprocket with Blue Flame Bolt-on's - 237km/h
Second
02 ZX-12R, Full Akrapovic exhaust system - 238km/h
First
04 ZX-10R, Stock! - 242km/h

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts
We should do that in Texas!

·
MIA Post Whore
8,727 Posts
hillcountry10r said:
We should do that in Texas!
Too many damn lawyers in the states to get it done. The red tape would be more deterent than anyone could get though. -yes, I know there are a few public road races, but just try and get your own!

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts
zeta xray said:
There is the Texas Mile. But it is a bit longer than 800M. I think they will welcome you with open arms.
More info please...:badteeth:

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts
zeta xray said:
www.texasmile.com

It looks like they have 3 events scheduled for 2005.
NOt bad for $150 you can have unlimited runs. I wonder what the 10 could do with an 18 tooth front sprocket??? Top speed wise...

Any ideas?

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
:crackup: :crackup: :crackup:

What he didnt tell you is that he had one of those red-assed monkeys riding it for him. Those things only weigh like 15Kg. Cmon stop cheating.

:crackup: :crackup: :crackup:

·
Certified SLOW
3,131 Posts
WTF!!! No 10s representin in the mile last year?!?!?!?! I had hope some of you texans go put it on those busas and gsxr1ks this year!

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
You have to have a wrist tethered kill switch or demonstrate your tippover switch on the bike working ...by actually tipping the bike over?
You have to have a steering damper mounted on the bike,,

The Texas mile would be fun...but it is way south of where I live.

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts
Austin10RPowers said:
You have to have a wrist tethered kill switch or demonstrate your tippover switch on the bike working ...by actually tipping the bike over?
You have to have a steering damper mounted on the bike,,

The Texas mile would be fun...but it is way south of where I live.
only 2hrs away...:dontknow:

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
vane said:
A couple of us hired some guys from up country with their drag and timing equipment, and invited every single bike we could find to our own drags!
We found a 2km straight a couple of km's out of town and arranged with the local authorities to block off the road for the Sunday!

Don't know how many bikes we had there, but it was quite a show for our small town! From what I remember
6 Busa's
4 ZX12-R's
3 `04 R1's
4 `04 gixxer's
2 `04 Blades
1 ZX10-R (mine)
and a bunch of older bikes. zx-9's, gsxr750's, gsxr1000's, gsxr1100's, tl's and so on.

The trap was setup at 800m with bikes running in pairs for top speed!

Top three ended as follow:
Third
03 Busa, 16T front sprocket with Blue Flame Bolt-on's - 237km/h
Second
02 ZX-12R, Full Akrapovic exhaust system - 238km/h
First
04 ZX-10R, Stock! - 242km/h
Shame you guys couldnt do the standing 1km test, seems to be a popular test with supercars, still would have been a blast though.:beer:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts