Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Okay i have an 06 with stock sprockets and im wanting to extend it the rest of the way out but im unsure of the correct length needed to do so... 530 chain if that helps... Hopefully someone can help me out. Also is Volar a good chain? Im looking for a green chain to match the bike.

Oh and i dont care to hear how stupid it is to stretch a bike, its mine, not yours thanks!

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Okay i have an 06 with stock sprockets and im wanting to extend it the rest of the way out but im unsure of the correct length needed to do so... 530 chain if that helps... Hopefully someone can help me out. Also is Volar a good chain? Im looking for a green chain to match the bike.

Oh and i dont care to hear how stupid it is to stretch a bike, its mine, not yours thanks!

Thanks in advance!
I just did my friends 08 out 8 inches and we used a 150 link chain and I cut maybe 6 or 7 links off . He also has stock gears . Im running green EK chain I think I paid $160 for it off of ebay for a 150 link . I wouldn't cheap out on a chain and from what iv been told EKs are good .

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
EK MVXZ, you can get it in all different colors, gold green blue red etc. Stock pitch is 525. Get 150 and take out links. Why do you want to go to 530 chain? Are you running some power adders to it? If youre not, youll be just fine with 525 pitch.

Just as an extra food for thought, EK as makes the ZZZ chain, which is probably the strongest chain on the market you can get. Its only available in gold or silver though

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
i have mine stretch 8 over with 140 links... so 150 links is plenty you probly have to cut off a few but rather have to much chain than not enuff.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cool thanks guys! I was told 170 or so... glad I asked... it had a 530 on it when I got it but its gonna have a 40 shot soon so I'm staying with it. Someone wanna mail me their chain breaker and Riveter? :)

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
Harbor Freight. Its like $5. You just need to grind the head off of the rivets before breaking the chain

·
BigCat for Prez!
7,229 Posts
who the fuck stretches a bike?! its meant for curves u asshats :lol:

·
BigCat for Prez!
7,229 Posts
GTFO noob! When you make my payments, then you can decide what mods get done to it.
lol yea look at my pic...i deff have a 1000 dollar swingarm lol I was just mocking the ones that generally rant against stretching. U lil dummy u

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
GTFO noob! When you make my payments, then you can decide what mods get done to it.
Youre kidding right? This has to be a failed attempt at sarcasm...

lol yea look at my pic...i deff have a 1000 dollar swingarm lol I was just mocking the ones that generally rant against stretching. U lil dummy u
:crackup: how does that get missed?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts