Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

Im looking to get 8.90's out of my 08 ZX10, next season thats the goal, and trying to get there the easy way:s24:

So far i plan on goin @ 6 over with blocks, lowering it, links, straps

Full system

Secondaries removed

gearing it 16/43, or 16/44, w/520 chain.

Bmc race filter

Air box modded

All short stacks

pciii or pcv...not*sure yet

Dynojet quickshifter

Airshifter(see below)

prolly run a 40 dry shot but i dont think ill need that to get 8.90's out of it

Ill run race fairings, no head lights, tail lights, mirrors etc.

Im @ 190lb suited.

Sound good???

Also im on the fence with my electronics...with a pciii*and the hub i can run my nitrous dry shot and and the air shifter off of the relay outputs. But with a PCV i have the benefits off the modern technology and autotune, but id have to run suntn like a mini nos controller and a kill/shift box set up for the shifter=more $$..what do you all think.

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
i think with seat time the bike will run 8.90's with the usual boltons you named with out the bottle if your a decent rider. them 08 10's make good power and run good at the track man :mrgreen:

·
Registered
522 Posts
you said air box mods what are you planning to do to it ??

·
Registered
772 Posts
your weight will be the only factor imo.if your gona spray def use the mini nos!a 40 shot on +6 extensions wont be easy outa the hole.ive been doing alot of testing with a 08 as of lately and if your 190 and gona spray it that shock isnt gona work for you...id def go with a busa shock and airshifter.the dyno jet quickshifter is junk.the 08 is a nasty bike and is a mean stocker to play with for sure....good luck with your build.:helmet:

·
Shorty's Performance
8,860 Posts
your weight will be the only factor imo.if your gona spray def use the mini nos!a 40 shot on +6 extensions wont be easy outa the hole.ive been doing alot of testing with a 08 as of lately and if your 190 and gona spray it that shock isnt gona work for you...id def go with a busa shock and airshifter.the dyno jet quickshifter is junk.the 08 is a nasty bike and is a mean stocker to play with for sure....good luck with your build.:helmet:
Why go with the busa shock when he weighs only 190lbs suited? If I was him I would just revalve his stock shock and dont use that slowsuki junk!

·
Registered
772 Posts
If you're more than 220lbs I say it will help but if youre 200lbs or less and you put that busa shock be ready to have wheelies problems!
?how do you know?have you rode an 08 yet?the shock is a pos it looks like it belongs on a ninja 500:lol:.ive used a gen 1 busa shock with a gen 2 spring on 3 bikes and it worked like a charm.now i will say with his bike being so short it wont work well but he will quickly find out about needing it longer for that spray.its all about setup,a stock engine bike will blow your mind with the right setup!that bike with a 40 shot should run 8.5x's all day long

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Well ke2012 you're on the right track...... At least you're running the strongest of the ZX10 family.

·
Shorty's Performance
8,860 Posts
hey madness why would you say that ? im around 200 pounds suited.
Cause we raced an 08 busa and was nothing but wheelies even with my friend that was 220 I put a 14 shock and spring and oh boy you dont want to know how fast that thing went! But anyways you do what this guys tell you to do and keep me posted! Maybe theyre right you never know.

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
Cause we raced an 08 busa and was nothing but wheelies even with my friend that was 220 I put a 14 shock and spring and oh boy you dont want to know how fast that thing went! But anyways you do what this guys tell you to do and keep me posted! Maybe theyre right you never know.
alot of things couldve varied to why he was wheelin. maybe he didnt have the shock setup right, but i do appreciate the advice & info. the reason why im curious is bc i have a friend with a 09 busa and he's upgradein to a penske drag shock so im gettin his stock shock for free with very low mileage :mrgreen:

·
Shorty's Performance
8,860 Posts
alot of things couldve varied to why he was wheelin. maybe he didnt have the shock setup right, but i do appreciate the advice & info. the reason why im curious is bc i have a friend with a 09 busa and he's upgradein to a penske drag shock so im gettin his stock shock for free with very low mileage :mrgreen:
I see but yeah both the 14 and 08 busa shocks were completely stock! The spring on the 14 is softer than the 2nd gen busa

·
Registered
772 Posts
:lol: this site cracks me up.the 08 shock is fine for motor,but what do i know about dragracing or setup??:rolleyes:i believe other than JNM ive built the fastest stock piston stock bore zx10 on this site.guess im a moron:rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts