Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Yep, sorry I am dumb. Looks like it is either choking out or air, or it is fighting against exhaust gases?

I have seen powerloss with old/broken db killers, but not as severe as this.

IMO these are the things to check first. Since you have it on the dyno, does it change when you open up the airbox? Can you easily swap the exhaust which you know works as intended?

What's the bike's history? Since when did it lose power? If everything else is stock, then you are either looking at a broken production bike or you screwed something up during your air flap mod.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanx for the reply.

Believe the bike was bought by someone to use as a race bike and he did not like it, so he sold it.

I guess I will have to start stripping and check. Would like to know what you guys will check for.

Was thinking:

Blocked intake
Blocked exhaust (valve / Catalitic converter)
Confirm the bin file is stock
Air filter
Stuck exhaust servo

Anything else to add?

·
Registered
129 Posts
At 78hp it has to be something substantial. Like dead rats in the airbox or something. I can't imagine a broken servo can do this. My wild guess would be a molten/blocked cat. But again the low mileage...

If you find out, can you post it?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So it came down to the previous owner mounting the exhaust servo wrong. It did not open. They had an aftermarket exhaust on the bike and before selling it, they put the stock one back.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts