Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried to put some xenon 75 watt bulbs in my 10 and popped the fuse. So I replaced the fuse and it blew again. Stick with the 55 watt bulbs in the headlight.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
You will have to try and find some brighter 55w bulbs something that has more lumenens. I need to find another set for my 636 as it has to have the worst headlights of anything on the road. I think I could tape mag lites on it and get more light to the road than the stock ones...

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
the headlight on the ten isn't great but i found mone to be way out of adjustment and after adjusting it's actually not that bad.. took a lot of adjustment though. Initially it was pointed right at the ground in front of me about 20 feet..I didn't even want to ride at night like that. now it's alright..

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I adjusted mine also. I was just looking for something a little different without spending $50 on silverstars. I love the HID look.

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
just a side note my dumb ass put a bigger fuse in my 99 zx6r and well replaced the wireing the next day.. soooo dont do that. lol

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It shouldn't. The initial start up of the HID bulbs requires the most wattage. After they're lit, they use very little power.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Agreed... they make delay fuses you could try.. they will delay the initial amp surge to not trip the fuse until the lamp is lit and draws less currant.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
I thinking of going HID this winter. I hate adding weight with the balast in all, but this is a street after all. It will give me better light, and cages should notice me more.

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
MAVRIK said:
p.s. even with the headlight dialed in it still sucks and night and going into corners...

yea your right but it seems they all do.(liter bikes) I know My gsxr 1000 sucked too..
I thought it was because it was stacked but now that I have the ten I see thats not the case.. My busa on the other hand.. that bike had a great headlight..and a high beam that would bore a hole in someone. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
You have to remember that even if you can get a higher watt bulb in the bike and replace the fuse and it works there could be problems on down the road with the stator as it will put an extra strain on it and eventually wear it out.

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
My 00 zx6r had awesome lighting. I want a little bit brighter lighting on the 10. Still searching for the right bulbs.

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Piaa xtreme white seem to work fairly well. Alot better than the stockers.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts