Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After replacing my fronts with Brembo HP 330mm supersport rotors and gaining weight with the upgrade I've had sleepless nights!anxiety issues and found myself in a depressed state just looking at them(joking.....maybe not)!The buttons on the HP rotors are steel (10g per button)so replacing them with Aluminium helps salvage some grams gained although minimal!10 buttons per rotor could drop anything from 50-70 grams a rotor so time will tell when they arrive

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well that turned out crap!I just removed the wheel and rotors(fitting up ti blue rotor bolts anyway!I removed 1 of the Brembo buttons(simples)and it's aluminium already!so you guys with HP rotors don't waste your time thinking(like me)they are steel!what makes me is I had tried contacting Brembo themselves for the last week asking that specific question before I pulled the trigger but no joy!anyway the Black buttons will look nice anyway!
My next thread will read something like this!
For sale!20 genuine Brembo 14mm~5.5mm Aluminium full floating buttons.................

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Pull a button Theatis and measure the diameter where it sits in between the carrier and disc!then your rotors will prolly be 5-5.5mm thick so then you have a size!my Brembo are 14mm(diameter) and 5.5(thick)and that's how you will no what you need!I will get the company's name shortly

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Don't forget to weigh it first!being a Braking rotor and so light they already could be Aluminium mate

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
PERFORMANCE PARTS GERMANY is the company I found for reasonable pricing and information received when asking a question Theatis

·
The Pace
6,993 Posts
OZ! don't mess with the bike! :) Ride the crap out of it (inside the comfort zone) and sell after 100,000 miles. But buy the dang extended warranty of the 10r. Trust me on that.

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi Scout how are you mate?I luv tipping coin into my bike it's my passion!going for a fang next week as Spring is the best season to ride,I hope you and fam are all healthy and happy mate

·
The Pace
6,993 Posts
Hi Scout how are you mate?I luv tipping coin into my bike it's my passion!going for a fang next week as Spring is the best season to ride,I hope you and fam are all healthy and happy mate

Just teasing; all well here and thx for asking. I trust that you're completely recovered from the operation?

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Knees are 100% on what they were!the left knee(last 1 replaced)is still a bit stiff and having a fall 10 days after the operation put it behind months!I actually damaged the Tendon and bone pretty bad but healed now!my biggest problem atm is compression fracture,bone growths touching nerves and servere disc degeneration giving me shitty pain often!no cure!I keep active but rely on pain relief!it just sucks

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thank you or10r and Michael!you both have a nice and safe day if your out on your Rice rockets

1 - 20 of 20 Posts