Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Iv been searching on how many chain links I would need for a 70 inch wheel base on my 08 zx10 and I have a range from around 152 to 165 links. Im currently running 16/44 Gearing on 525 pitch. I would like to keep it 525 and also stay with ek zzz. or equivalent chain. Anyone have any experience with 70 in wheelbase zx10s and know exactly how many links will be needed to achieve this on my Gen 3. I really dont want to put 2 master links in the chain, I would prefer to buy a longer chain and cut to size.
Thanks for any input!:eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
I believe it should be around 170 or so. I run a 525 zzz chain on mine at 68 but I didn't count the links. I run 2 masterlinks without a problem

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the input, but where can I get a 170 link ek zzz 525 chain?? all I can find is a 160 link???

·
Registered
842 Posts
im using 2 master links ona 520 ek zzz at that and no problems at 74"s ratedzx has a fucking monster 3 mil zx10 68"'s on a 520 ek zzz 2 master links and hes 220+

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
how far apart are your master links? I really dont want to go this rout but I might have to.:headshake

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all the advice! I was a bit weary at first on the 2 master links in one chain untill I talked to a local guy with a nitrous 12 inch slick wheelibar bike running 2 master links

1 - 9 of 9 Posts