Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 236 Posts

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
They certainly have a legit shot. Honestly I don't think it would be a big deal at all trading Bynum for Howard, but with Nash running the point, that changes things a lot.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Well as some know I am a die hard Laker Fan. I have mixed emotions I really don't like losing Bynum he is so young and has the potential to be one of the best ever....but so far he has been inconsistent, injury prone and lately has shown signs of needing anger management.

I believe Mitch the GM is making a move to try and Win right now before Kobe goes for good and also don't think Mich can hold that job much longer if the Lakers don't win another one fast LA will want his head on a platter if they fail again. :badteeth:

I think they need to get some more speed on the team and if they do that than yeah watch out they will be the favorite to win it all. :cool:

bloo

·
Registered
5,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Kobe has about 2 years left with his style of play. Can't really see him banging in the paint at 37 years old. Let's get it done.

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
I agree with Bloo, they do need to get quicker, and maybe more bench help. If I look at the big picture, its doable, but is not going to be a shoe in for sure. Presuming they get to the west finals with OKC, thats still a tough match up for sure.

Howard - Perkins: Howard clearly has an advantage
Gasol - Ibaka: Toss up, Gasol is more refined, Ibaka long and athletic
Artest - Sefelosha (sp) or Harden: Again a toss up, but leaning towards Harden
Bryant - Durant: Gotta take Durant here
Nash - Westbrook: Taking Westbrook

OKC has played together for a couple of years now, and certainly has an athletic advantage. Certainly not saying the Lakers cannot beat them, but it is no cake walk by any means.

Lets assume that the Lakers win though, then likely face the Heat (at least I hope) thats a completely different series. The Lakers will have a huge size advantage for sure, like OKC had last year. However the Heat will once again have shooters with Miller, Allen, Chalmers, Jones, etc. How will the size work if Gasol or Howard have to guard Bosh out to the 3pt line, and the floor is spread way out. It will be a matter of who enforces their will.

Should be fun to watch though and see how things develop.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
I agree with Bloo, they do need to get quicker, and maybe more bench help. If I look at the big picture, its doable, but is not going to be a shoe in for sure. Presuming they get to the west finals with OKC, thats still a tough match up for sure.

Howard - Perkins: Howard clearly has an advantage
Gasol - Ibaka: Toss up, Gasol is more refined, Ibaka long and athletic
Artest - Sefelosha (sp) or Harden: Again a toss up, but leaning towards Harden
Bryant - Durant: Gotta take Durant here
Nash - Westbrook: Taking Westbrook

OKC has played together for a couple of years now, and certainly has an athletic advantage. Certainly not saying the Lakers cannot beat them, but it is no cake walk by any means.

Lets assume that the Lakers win though, then likely face the Heat (at least I hope) thats a completely different series. The Lakers will have a huge size advantage for sure, like OKC had last year. However the Heat will once again have shooters with Miller, Allen, Chalmers, Jones, etc. How will the size work if Gasol or Howard have to guard Bosh out to the 3pt line, and the floor is spread way out. It will be a matter of who enforces their will.

Should be fun to watch though and see how things develop.
I agree with most except the Nash - Westbrook comparison. Westbrook can only use pure natural skill very fast but Nash brings much more like a glue that can build a strong team, Nash is basketball smart, can pass, penetrate, or make you pay even at the 3 point line if you leave him but most importantly run the team and decision making something Westbrook can't do. Kobe needs to bow down and let Nash run the plays and dictate the pace of a game much like the Real MJ (Magic Johnson use to do around his hall of fame rs :wink: )

but as you stated should be fun to watch :thumbsup:

bloo

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
I agree with most except the Nash - Westbrook comparison. Westbrook can only use pure natural skill very fast but Nash brings much more like a glue that can build a strong team, Nash is basketball smart, can pass, penetrate, or make you pay even at the 3 point line if you leave him but most importantly run the team and decision making something Westbrook can't do. Kobe needs to bow down and let Nash run the plays and dictate the pace of a game much like the Real MJ (Magic Johnson use to do around his hall of fame rs :wink: )

but as you stated should be fun to watch :thumbsup:

bloo

Bloo I agree with you 100% on your statement. I actually really like Nash a lot, love watching him play, heck I actually wish he would shoot more. The reason that I put Westbrook over Nash is I think Westbrook will be able to cover him about as well as anyone might be able to. If he decides to play defense on him like he has been doing to people during the olympics, it will be difficult for Nash. Then Nash on defense just has no chance at all, and if they switch Nash to Harden, that won't be much better.

I think the one reason though that it may work ok is that OKC likes to play big as well. So when Nash does get blown by, Howard should be there lurking near the paint to help out.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Bloo I agree with you 100% on your statement. I actually really like Nash a lot, love watching him play, heck I actually wish he would shoot more. The reason that I put Westbrook over Nash is I think Westbrook will be able to cover him about as well as anyone might be able to. If he decides to play defense on him like he has been doing to people during the olympics, it will be difficult for Nash. Then Nash on defense just has no chance at all, and if they switch Nash to Harden, that won't be much better.

I think the one reason though that it may work ok is that OKC likes to play big as well. So when Nash does get blown by, Howard should be there lurking near the paint to help out.
Good points as well Teeks :eek:ccasion1 but that's why will have to see said the blind man because if Gasol plays like he does in the Olympics then the Lakers are just that much stronger and as many who seen Gasol and team they put a little scare in the Dream Team 3. :wink:

bloo

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Lakers are the best team in the NBA and considered the favorites to win the title in 2013. Fact.
Not really the Lakers now are considered Fakers but I like those odds :wink: first day back for Nash they bear a team that has just WON 11 out of 14 games in their home place with favorable refs.:badteeth: ...Kobe still scoring 30points or more per game to boot he f'sho has another 2-3 years left and should past MJ for his most points ever made......many forget MJ left for a few years but Kobe when only 18yrs old was a bencher not allowed to score he was in training and didn't make much points for the first 2 years.... that's all to become what he is now like the #1 scorer in the NBA at the end of his career even over the New Superstars. :wink::cool::thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Not really the Lakers now are considered Fakers but I like those odds :wink: first day back for Nash they bear a team that has just WON 11 out of 14 games in their home place with favorable refs.:badteeth: ...Kobe still scoring 30points or more per game to boot he f'sho has another 2-3 years left and should past MJ for his most points ever made......many forget MJ left for a few years but Kobe when only 18yrs old was a bencher not allowed to score he was in training and didn't make much points for the first 2 years.... that's all to become what he is now like the #1 scorer in the NBA at the end of his career even over the New Superstars. :wink::cool::thumbsup:
Kobe will pass Jordan easily. Kareem and the all time points record is the one thats going to be real close depending on Kobes age and level of play for 2 to 3 more years. He is close though.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Kobe will pass Jordan easily. Kareem and the all time points record is the one thats going to be real close depending on Kobes age and level of play for 2 to 3 more years. He is close though.
No one is Going to pass Kareem for a long time most likely after our deaths. :wink:

Kobe passing Jordon is up to Kobe now he can do it because he is so BB smart he knows how to take care for another year or 2 to make it so. :wink: ...some say Kobe needs another Ring to compare to MJ I say BS he has 30k points 5 championships in LA, is the # 1 scorer in LA right now and in the NBA, so out of the 5 only members ever to score 30k they all played for LA at one time only MJ has not and he might be surpassed next year by another Laker a guy called Kobe Bryant. :wink::cool:

·
Registered
578 Posts
If Kobe doesnt pass them all up he will never be considered better than them. With the rule changes and the obnoxious scores in the league he's a joke if he doesnt.. Durant will have a good chance at passing Kobe if he's healthy its like every other sport the defense gets worse over time and its an offensive game.

·
Registered
5,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
If Kobe doesnt pass them all up he will never be considered better than them. With the rule changes and the obnoxious scores in the league he's a joke if he doesnt.. Durant will have a good chance at passing Kobe if he's healthy its like every other sport the defense gets worse over time and its an offensive game.
It's too early to talk durant. Way to early. Kobe is the one with a ligitimate chance of doing it.

·
The Movie Goer!
6,853 Posts
Best team my ass! They're still below 500! What kinda crack are you smokin? At the rate they're goin they'll be lucky to get outta the 1st rd of the playoffs. And they can't win without former Chicago Bulls coach Philicia Jackson!

Lakers are the best team in the NBA and considered the favorites to win the title in 2013. Fact.

·
The Movie Goer!
6,853 Posts
Oo0ooo-Kaaaaaay.....whatever you say jose! And I will have sex with JLO, Halle, Berry, an Beyonce all in the same nite while JZ video tapes it.

Lakers will 3peat for sure. 13/14/15. Fact.

1 - 20 of 236 Posts