Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got this 2008 ZX-10R, having a bogging issue at certain rpm鈥檚. Both videos are FULL throttle, already changed the fuel pump, spark plugs and the bike has a new K&N air filter. Really trying to get used to this new bike help would be really appreciated 馃槶

Full throttle video & full throttle when riding

REPOST Enforcement Mod
Welcome!

It's a fueling problem. What fuel pump did you put in it? Did you measure the fuel pressure values after you changed it?

REPOST Enforcement Mod
I bought this pump and i didnt check the pressure valules how do I?
You bought a cheap, aftermarket pump because you believed the marketing on the website? After seeing the videos, I figured that would be the answer you would come back with. Why you tried to save a few bucks by not going OEM is now causing this issue. Or it's not hooked up correctly.

You have to hook up a fuel pressure gauge to each of the fuel rails to see what the pressure is from the pump to the injectors. There's 8 fuel injectors that run off 2 different fuel rails. 6000 rpm is the start of the switch over point where the lower injectors don't spray as much fuel and the upper injectors start to add fuel to the motor. There should be a t-connector from the pump output to each of the fuel rails separately. You need to verify that you have the right fuel pressure to both of them if you want the motor to run correctly.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You bought a cheap, aftermarket pump because you believed the marketing on the website? After seeing the videos, I figured that would be the answer you would come back with. Why you tried to save a few bucks by not going OEM is now causing this issue. Or it's not hooked up correctly.

You have to hook up a fuel pressure gauge to each of the fuel rails to see what the pressure is from the pump to the injectors. There's 8 fuel injectors that run off 2 different fuel rails. 6000 rpm is the start of the switch over point where the lower injectors don't spray as much fuel and the upper injectors start to add fuel to the motor. There should be a t-connector from the pump output to each of the fuel rails separately. You need to verify that you have the right fuel pressure to both of them if you want the motor to run correctly.
So I need a new fuel pump?

Registered
Tbh I'd rather take an used OEM fuel pump and clean it up than buy a chinese one. Seems like this pump cannot provide the fuel at a high enough flow rate to get the bike going. Either that or something is badly clogged. Fuel injectors perhaps?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Tbh I'd rather take an used OEM fuel pump and clean it up than buy a chinese one. Seems like this pump cannot provide the fuel at a high enough flow rate to get the bike going. Either that or something is badly clogged. Fuel injectors perhaps?
Would i have to check all injectors or is there a way for my to know which ones could be running weak?

REPOST Enforcement Mod
So I need a new fuel pump?
Don't know. All I'm saying is it's a fueling problem. Without figuring it out any further, one of the following things has happened:

1. Aftermarket fuel pump doesn't work good enough
2. Fuel pump isn't connected properly to both fuel rails

You need to do more troubleshooting to figure out which way to go. The easiest thing to is just replace the pump, but there's no guaranty.

Registered
Is the problem there in the videos before and after you changed pump and plugs, or has it got better or worse since new pump and plugs? Like above im looking at a fuel issue!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts